RPG Maker Forums

Scythuz
Scythuz
One is an actual survival horror game, one is a story driven interactive movie. Just think to yourself, what would yoda play?
Frostyfirefly
Frostyfirefly
What Scythuz said. I actually enjoyed Lone Survivor a lot more than some other more popular titles.
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
The walking dead! Especially if you havn't played it yet! My favourite game of the year (2012) and even 2013 so far! It's a masterpiece in my opinion :)
Nathanial
Nathanial
Both. Get both please. They're both great.
Scythuz
Scythuz
Personally I would get Walking Dead first, then get lone survivor. Use the zombie buzz from the Walking Dead to get you in the mood for lone survivor!
Frostyfirefly
Frostyfirefly
A negative thing about Lone Survivor is that the plot, once you piece together all the secrets, is quite simple and a bit underwhelming, imho. The atmosphere is great though.
Scythuz
Scythuz
True, but hey atmosphere is what true survival horror games are all about and lone survivor has it in spades, shame I'm not very good at them though ;)
Archeia
Archeia
Lone Survivor felt like a trying hard Silent Hill + Shin Megami Tensei game. I didn't enjoy it at all and was bored to death. Whilst the atmosphere is great, the mutants were just too funny for me to take seriously. To each their own though.
Frostyfirefly
Frostyfirefly
Lone Survivor is one of those rare cases in which the scenery is actually scarier than the monsters, well, except the secret final boss, it was a bit creepy.
Scythuz
Scythuz
@Archeia - Well let's be honest, you didn't even flinch at amnesia or outlast, so I can imagine you laughing at the monsters on lone survivor. Potential game to stream? :p

@Frostyfirefly - If you mean like the fleshy substance and those mysterious holes I have to agree with you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerLaPux