Comments on Profile Post by gregbaby

1. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    If you're talking about Android games that are on the Google Play market using RTP graphics, they are using a custom engine and illegally using the RTP. There is no exporter for Ace at all and only a wrapper for XP, which is buggy as crap.

They are still working on the exporter for other systems. Keep in mind that in order for them to be exported, they also have to export Ruby scripts, which most mobile system and consoles do not use or support.
    Dec 16, 2013
  2. gregbaby
    gregbaby
    yeah i know, ive been interested in this for quite some time but never seem to get a decent reply from any staff that may be involved in the creation of this tool! D&D is a good example of a succesful port as ive played it myself and its very fun and the touch interface is really easy to navigate. just wish they could release an official version for us developers as it would benefit the commercial developers A LOT imo
    Dec 16, 2013
  3. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Well, they can't talk about development for various reasons. Usually it's to not get people's hopes up in case it never goes through. Converting Ruby scripting (especially custom stuff) into something that a mobile OS or a console can use is not easy. Not to mention that any scripts that use the Windows API (which there are several that do), would not even be able to be used without serious re-writes from the author of said script.

It's the nature of the beast, b...
    Dec 16, 2013
  4. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    *continued: It's the nature of the beast, but until something official has been announced, you'll just have to wait. That or you could make your own resources (or buy Non-RM licensed versions of some stuff in the store) and use a custom engine. Only real way to go about it until it's done.
    Dec 16, 2013
  5. West Mains
    West Mains
    It would be easier and faster to write your own game from scratch than it would be to convert Ruby to work on Android.

So, I'll never see an exporter happening.

But an android/mobile-based RPM is bound to happen. However, given that mobile gaming isn't as popular in Japan as it is, say, in America, it's not as likely as we'd hope.
    Dec 16, 2013
  6. gregbaby
    gregbaby
    I just sit and wait ad hope it will become OFFICIAL someday :) i know you guys are just as interested as me ;) cheers!
    Dec 16, 2013