RPG Maker Forums

Makio-Kuta
Makio-Kuta
hmm The only thing with the vector layer is that sometimes the pen smooths things for you automatically (even when you don't want it) and the eraser is a bit of a pain, but if those don't bother you to work with then I can't really see any particular downfalls off the top of my head.
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
I don't even use the pen tool. I do my lines with the curve tool. It's even worse. But that's the only way my lines look good enough. A friend of me once said, that using the vector layer wouldn't even be art. That's why I wonder if I'm cheating...
Makio-Kuta
Makio-Kuta
pff what is cheating in art? Do it the way that makes you happy. Your art is yours and the way you make it is also yours. As long as it is yours, you aren't cheating. There's no right or wrong in art.
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
Well, I understand that. But that's exactly the reason I don't know why it still bothers me.
Makio-Kuta
Makio-Kuta
I can see a few technical disadvantages to using the curve tool - namely that you'll miss out on having differing line weights. Is your trouble that your hand isn't steady enough yet for the regular brushes? That's a pretty common thing but Sai has a different work around for that.
Makio-Kuta
Makio-Kuta
Up at the top you should see an option called 'Smoothing' try setting it to S-1. It helps to steady the line strokes, so if you have an unsteady hand, that can really help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Eventz MZ? Events MZ!
My laptop has been restarting for around ten minutes. Not updating. I am concerned.
So I was making this thing for the battle system, to give it that extra fancy

...but then I came across this by accident while trying to debug another issue

Hey this dragonbones thing is pretty neat huh...
Game making its such a lonely process, good thing I have plenty of time for myself I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apieceofonion