Comments on Profile Post by McTone

1. Arin
    Arin
    You're not the only one...

I've actually stopped working on my game because of mapping.
    Mar 4, 2014
  2. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    It gets better though... my maps from 4 months ago versus maps right now appear to have 2+ years in experience gap at least... look up tutorials by Ksi and Luchino(I think Laine, now.) Also, while mapping watch one of Indrah's let's plays where she tackles an rm game with sub-par mapping. It's scary sometimes how you can be doing something and then she trashes that exact thing while talking of an entirely different game...uncanny even.
    Mar 4, 2014
  3. McTone
    McTone
    I'll check all those out!
    Mar 4, 2014
  4. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I feel ya. And with mapping come edits, edits, adjustment, adjustments, to resource creation, and finally back to remapping in a vicious cycle.
    Mar 4, 2014
  5. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Keep working on them, and it will get better I promise! I agree with palladinthug as well, the poloshing of maps can be a really evil-circle, changing, adding, re-working etc until you are satisfied, and then end up changing something again because after all you weren't fully satisfied after all... It can get tedious, but take a small break from time to time and come back with new energy. That helps a lot.
    Mar 4, 2014
  6. McTone
    McTone
    Thanks guys! Thats really encouraging.
    Mar 5, 2014