Comments on Profile Post by McTone

1. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    awesome to hear! Looking forward to test out the fixed version as well :)
    Mar 6, 2014
  2. McTone
    McTone
    Here's a map I'm reworking now. Check out the contrast lol.

Mar 6, 2014
  3. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    That looks great man :)
    Mar 6, 2014
  4. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    That does look good indeed. Multiple levels and elevations give maps depth. Clutter is good too. However, it's not always the answer. A lot of the time simply to reduce the square area is all it takes. Just imagine at all times that you're the player who's got to walk these maps. Wouldn't you want to get to where you need to quicker?
    Mar 6, 2014
  5. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I would change the wall tile for the section in the middle though (since it looks kind of weird with the sand tile, and then a different kind of wall tile combined)
    Mar 6, 2014
  6. McTone
    McTone
    I think I'm going to go in there and do some color edits to make the sand tile and the grey rock tile work together. This mountain stage goes from grassy to barren it different places and I want to be able to use a few different things together. Either that or I'll just use the intended walls with the intended floor/ceilings.

Thanks again guys!
    Mar 6, 2014
  7. Arin
    Arin
    I like everything about it up until you started mashing together the the dirt and grass tilesets on the same map. Stick to one or the other.
    Mar 6, 2014
  8. Arin
    Arin
    Also yay for fellow Mack users.
    Mar 6, 2014
  9. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    May I also suggest the use of shadow pen. You see the parts where there's shadow on the floor. If you continue it along the wall as well, it can give those cliffs more depth.
    Mar 6, 2014
  10. McTone
    McTone
    I had it on the wall before and took it off because I've just discovered the effectiveness of shift+copy and shift+paste. Once I get everything in order I'm gonna put them back in. Thanks Matseb!
    Mar 6, 2014