RPG Maker Forums

wallacethepig
wallacethepig
I don't know if I move when I sleep, but as far as I know I've woken up (able to move) every time. You have nothing to worry about.

Oh, and just because I'm "that guy," 2 people on average die from falling out of bed every year. Sweet dreams!
wildwes
wildwes
I know it'll probably never happen, but since something like that happening is my worst nightmare, I just can't help but be scared of sleeping now. :(

And uh, call me crazy, but I just don't find dying form falling out of bed that scary. :/
wildwes
wildwes
*from

Anyway, I think I'll just stay up a little late tonight. Like maybe ALL NIGHT. No sleep, never sleep...
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
If it hasn't happened to you before, its not likely to start happening now.

I have issues with it though, and it is legitimately terrifying, even when you know what is happening and understand it intellectually.
mlogan
mlogan
"By maintaining a regular sleep schedule and observing good sleep hygiene, one can reduce chances of sleep paralysis" - keeping yourself awake worrying about it is going to increase your chances of it happening. So relax and get some sleep!
wallacethepig
wallacethepig
There was a Twilight Zone episode about a guy who had a bad heart and a bad dream. He stayed awake for too long and when he fell asleep again, the bad part of his dream caught up to him and he had a heart attack. You reminded me of that.

Also, since you're staying up all night anyway, go marathon The Twilight Zone.
wildwes
wildwes
Uhhhhhhhh....... fine. I'll go to sleep now and hope that it doesn't happen. I know it probably won't but the idea is just so terrifying... it's got me paranoid...

And wow, Touch, really? Man, I feel sorry for you. I can't imagine how terrifying it is to have it ACTUALLY HAPPEN.Ugh, I'm just getting more and more paranoid the more I think about this...
Lars Ulrika
Lars Ulrika
Happened to me often when I was a kid. That's scary but no harm, it usually wears off quickly.
wallacethepig
wallacethepig
Let us know how it goes in the morning...if your fingers can move, that is.

Also I remember this one time when I had so much eye crust I couldn't open my eyes. I thought I had gone blind, but it turns out I hadn't.

...I should stop trying to scare you.
wildwes
wildwes
"I'm going to bed now", I say, as I continue to stay up and browse the internet.

Actually wallace, the eye crust thing happened to me once when I was a like, 8. Being unable to open my eyes kinda freaked me out for a second, but then I realized what was going on and calmed down pretty quickly. Hm... is that how I would react to sleep paralysis, if it happened to me?
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
yeah, it wears off quickly. normally
wildwes
wildwes
"yeah, it wears off quickly. NORMALLY"

NORMALLY?! How long can it last?
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
a few seconds to a few minutes or so... just keep calm and don't worry too much about it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!
Am I the only one who keeps thinking TPBS means "Turn Press Battle System" and not "Time Progress Battle System?"
How is everyone doing? I hope you do not get into trouble. Also how many people here updated their profile? I see icon changes a lot.
And (un)surprisingly, I already started developing a old project as MZ code right off from the bat. Waiting the launch anxiously...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan989