Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Lady-Elise
    Lady-Elise
    I like it and it does kinda sound like what you where goin for! Some parts did make is less 'fearsome though'
    Mar 22, 2014
  2. Clydous
    Clydous
    It sounds a little directionless at times, but overall, it certainly sounds chaotic enough for the purpose you were going for with it. I'm not sure I'd like it as an orchestrated, piece, though--the piano suits it well! Haha
    Mar 22, 2014
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Thank you! This is making me feel a bit better about it, haha. The less "fearsome" part is probably the waltz. I'm trying to make this the theme of an absolute crazy person, so that was my intention of randomly adding light sections in here, though I think they can be transitioned more smoothly.
    Mar 22, 2014
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ Clydous As far as the orchestration intentions go. I'm trying to go in a "Danse Macabre" sort of inspiration, the fast part at least.

I agree that it's a bit directionless. But I think it has the spirit it needs. I'll be putting out edits, that's for sure.
    Mar 22, 2014
  5. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Ever heard of composer called Ornstein? His tracks have always pushed comfort zone boundaries. Your track reminds me a bit of this track by him:
    Mar 22, 2014
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I've never heard of him, no. That was definitely quite the listen. I can't even imagine what that sheet music looks like! Sticking a bunch of sharps on top of naturals doesn't seem like such a big deal now.
    Mar 22, 2014
  7. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    That was...interesting. (I picture Wednesday from the Adams playing the piano as I listen to it for some reason.)
    Mar 22, 2014
  8. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    I was going to send you a version with the sheet music on screen but unfortunately it got copyright flagged, it was indeed fun to look at though. Writing with the intent to cause auditory chaos with your music from time to time can really help you appreciate it more when you return to writing music that makes sense.
    Mar 22, 2014
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ Alexander Amnell Addams Family, huh? Well, that's nearly the exact kind of atmosphere I was going for. Dark, macabre, yet eccentric!

@Scythuz I agree. I have to occasionally write something so outside of my repertoire to continue learning so when I go back to business as usual I can pull a few new tricks out to make my future pieces a little more special. I think I need to clean up a few crunchy notes to make a good orchestration out of it, but I wanted full chaos in the...
    Mar 22, 2014
  10. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Part of my comment appears to be cut off. Well, darn.
    Mar 22, 2014
  11. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Yeah it happens once you type a certain amount. Personally, everytime I've gone from writing something chaotic back to normal, I find myself having a fresh perspective. It can be really interesting to see what ideas are formed when it happens.
    Mar 22, 2014