Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Dalph
    Dalph
    Laziness is the first step towards efficiency. -Patrick Bennett-
    Apr 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Too bad it takes so much of my laziness to make one productive decision. I've been needing a new violin bow for about eight months yet I continue to play with my old, gross. I could just have it rehaired.
    Apr 11, 2014
  3. mlogan
    mlogan
    That is so awesome that you play fiddle!
    Apr 11, 2014
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ mlogan. I started out with classical violin and in my late teens I fell in love with Irish and American folk music. My arm is so heavy on the violin now that I mostly play viola in orchestras now. My director rather hates the way I play classical violin, lol.
    Apr 11, 2014
  5. mlogan
    mlogan
    I really do think that's cool. I've always wanted to learn to play violin (perhaps one day I'll get around to it), and I love bluegrass so I've had a yearning to "fiddle". Sigh, maybe one day. :p
    Apr 11, 2014
  6. Dalph
    Dalph
    I can only play classical flute and keyboard, although I'm more proficient with the first.
    Apr 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. mlogan
    mlogan
    Crazy, I played the flute for many years as well! It's been a while, so I'm a bit rusty.
    Apr 11, 2014
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    While I would agree that it's much easier to learn as a child (sponge brains) I don't think it's ever too late. Heck, I didn't start learning piano until I was 21.

If you know how to read sheet music that's a giant part of the battle right there.

Fiddle is done by ear but I think reading sheet music is a great tool for learning any instrument.
    Apr 11, 2014
  9. mlogan
    mlogan
    It's just a matter of available time right now. :D We got my parents' piano and I want to get lessons for my girls. I've contemplated learning along with them. I pick out simple tunes on the piano but nothing complicated. But again, the time issue.
    Apr 11, 2014
  10. deilin
    deilin
    Out side all brass, i learned viola, though, i really want to play cello. Jot sure which to buy first... f. Horn double trigger or a cello...
    Apr 12, 2014
  11. deilin
    deilin
    Every one else play guitar and violin in my family. Makes for strang quintettes.
    Apr 12, 2014