RPG Maker Forums

Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
I'm not a huge fan but it really does have some merits. It's one thing if people come together to form and execute an idea but if we're going purely on assessment, I want to know what YOU know. And I would never want a slacker to be carried by hard workers. Fortunately it's easy to tell who did what work and give the grades accordingly.
seita
seita
For some reason I've never had this problem, but I know everyone else has. Great way to figure out what kind of person you are, not just your team members~
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I've never really done "Group Projects" before, but at work I'm a "take charge" kind of guy and I do manage to get the most out of the people under me most of the time. Even if I'm a slacker myself.
Dalph
Dalph
I'm so lazy even when I work alone, I can't even imagine how it is to work in a team.
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
I always took the role of leader in projects as well because people always want to do 90% goofing off. Which is fine.I like hanging out and just chatting, too. But I don't want this to be a huge scramble a week before the due date either. I also lead because, c'mon, my idea is so awesome.
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
You always have to remember that you are the one that put the most effort into your project. The people that you recruit are never gonna work as much as you do in order to finish your game. If It's a project you came up with together though, then It's a different story.
T.Bit
T.Bit
My biggest problem with this group assignment is that the professor assigned the groups. I did not get to pick my team members.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
So, what you're saying is... you get to learn a lesson about life and the real workplace! You never get the people you want to work with you, and have to learn how to manage people who don't work well together.
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
Yeah, this stuff just happens at work too, lol. But at least I get paid now.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Yeah, it's why I went into the workforce instead of college. I liked the idea of "doing the same crap I'd be doing in school... except they pay ME to do it instead of me paying THEM to do it."
T.Bit
T.Bit
@Tai_MT: Exactly! I'm starting to think waiting tables for the rest of my life wouldn't be so bad. I'd never have to write 10 page papers by myself at the last minute because my group fell through after assuring me that they "had this".
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
^especially these days, when you have to be extremely careful in what you specialize in and even then the demand for 'higher level' employment continues to drop as a whole. I know I haven't earned back all the money I spent in college through my degree and probably never will (though I did pick a decidedly worthless major, but I couldn't have known it at the time.)
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I've actually trained a lot of college graduates in my job (which is interesting considering that my job is basically bottom of the ladder). I've learned that most college graduates might be book smart... But they have no clue how the real world works when they first get into it. It's very frustrating to train these people.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
^agreed. I think we should bring back apprenticeships and make it a required part of the high school curriculum. At least that way by the time a kid is college aged he/she might have a tiny clue about what type of work they enjoy, and can choose a future accordingly instead of guessing, crashing and failing because they were to inexperienced to do so at the time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterwave18