Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Dalph
    Dalph
    Welcome to my nightmare. For some unexplainable reason, I usually wake up with stomach aches instead.

Also I want to point out that my health and my diet are absolutely perfect, so I still cannot explain this.
    May 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I'm starting to wonder if my headaches are because I sleep on my stomach (and my face). I would sleep on my back but I'm more prone to my sleep walking and night terrors when I do. Just something I've noticed from observation.
    May 17, 2014
  3. Dalph
    Dalph
    I have that bad habit too and I don't get headaches tbh, but I can see how it can happen...you know neck pain and headaches are correlated.

It's better to sleep on your back yes, but I'm just not accustomed to it.
    May 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I always end up kicking and throwing all my pillows/covers off the bed too, so a lot of times I'm sleeping flat on my neck. I'm a combative sleeper!
    May 17, 2014
  5. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    wow, night terrors, sounds freaky actually. i remember my uncle once punched his wife in the face once while sleeping. lol. actually it was kinda sad but still. lol.
    May 17, 2014
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Sleep walking is actually a lot more terrifying. At least with night terrors I usually stay put. I don't have either as often as I used to. I slept walked the other night though.
    May 17, 2014
  7. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    imagine if you sleep walked and went into your car and slept drove and went and purchased some milk, came back, drank it, went to bed, and then woke up and didn't remember a thing.... oh wait that might have already happened. :S
    May 17, 2014
  8. Dalph
    Dalph
    I heard that sleeping on your side is good too, it's actually the 2nd best position after the back one.

Luckily I can manage to sleep that way sometimes.

From what I know night terrors are more rare than nightmares, and they're more rare even for adults.

I never experienced them tbh.
    May 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Dalph
    Dalph
    Also Cashmere you just made my day with your posts...ahahah.
    May 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @Cashmere I've woken up with an empty cereal bowl on my night stand before. Oh, God.
    May 18, 2014
  11. Dalph
    Dalph
    They say it can be dangerous to wake a sleepwalker suddenly (not for heart attack or anything, this is bullcrap to me).

I think the real reason is because he\she may physically injury himself\herself or hurting you in some way during the process (for the shock).
    May 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    You're not suppose to disturb someone having a night terror because they'll likely hit you. I've heard the sleep walking one is mostly bogus but hurting yourself or someone else is probable. I'm woken up all the time and just get confused.
    May 18, 2014
  13. Dalph
    Dalph
    You probably already know this, but it's still both interesting and hilarious:
    May 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    i love learning about this kind of stuff, i didn't really know it was a condition but

oh my lifeblood that video is amazing. i have full respect for grandma touch knee
    May 18, 2014
  15. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    While sleep walking I have: left my house and went down the street at 4AM, I have cooked meals, I poured myself a glass of juice and then dumped the juice on my head, played Gamecube. I could go on. Of course I'm told these things by someone else. Who knows what I've done with no witness.
    May 18, 2014
  16. Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Oh wow, is there a proper treatment for this problem?
    May 18, 2014
  17. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    There really isn't a treatment for it. Stress management and good sleep habits are the only real thing you can do. But locking all your windows and doors at night is a lot more useful.
    May 18, 2014
  18. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    do you have a lock for the door to your room
    May 18, 2014
  19. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    also those stories are pretty hilarious and also scary at the same time because what if you accidentally hurt yourself while cooking a meal or something. because i'm judging you didn't know you dumped the juice on your own head? did you feel it was sticky in the morning? man, that must be so weird... especially if you're playing gamecube in the night and you wake up feeling like you've had slightly more fun but you don't know why.
    May 18, 2014
  20. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    also does it make you tired when you wake up?
    May 18, 2014
  21. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I have a lock on my bedroom door and it gets locked every night. Mostly I feel a mixture of wanting to laugh and confusion when I realize some of the things I've done.

I woke myself up with the juice. I was so conflicted. Almost embarrassed. I wanted to laugh but I also didn't want to clean that up. I wanted to go back to sleep. Thank God it was over the tile and not the carpet.

I usually am very tired when these things happen.
    May 18, 2014
  22. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Well from what I remember sleep walking is caused by stress and/or physiological problems. The only way to "cure" it is to eliminate the biggest stress in your life or get all touchy feely with a therapist.

Although I do have an hilarious story when I used to sleep walk. It was around christmas time and I was on school break. Usually I'm the type of guy who hates to fall asleep with the TV on, because what ever I hear influences my dream. So of course I fall asleep to a...
    May 18, 2014
  23. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Christmas special and apparently it had something to do with secret spies. I sleep walked into my mom's room thinking I was a kackass agent looking for info when in reality I was rummaging through her closet. She woke up and assumed it was me and said my name. I answered "I have to find the other shoe. Santa and the pole depends on it." Of course any sane person is gonna freak out after hearing that, so she picked up her copy of Half-blood Prince and threw a direct shot at my head...
    May 18, 2014
  24. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Of course this instantly woke me up and knocked me over into a pile of cleats and heels. Let me tell you, pointy objects are not good for the body. Once she realized it was me she started crying about hitting me and stuff. Afterwards I told her what I was dreaming and we laughed about it, but she still felt guilty about hitting me with the book. Luckily a copy of Dragon Quest VIII on christmas took that feeling away. :3
    May 18, 2014
  25. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    OMG. I cannot sleep with the TV on. That is practically asking for awful sleep.

I've never been a highly stressed out person but environmental stimulates I think have accounted for a lot of my sleep walking.
    May 18, 2014
  26. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    that is a silly and cute story and it makes me want to stay in a household with a sleepwalker. except i know that it's an inconvenient thing to have so probably not, but these stories still seem pretty funny ^_^
    May 18, 2014
  27. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    You and me both. I have taken almost 100 migraine pills in a year ><
    May 18, 2014
  28. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    You should get yourself checked.
    May 18, 2014