Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Vexed
    Vexed
    Good luck! You can do it :]
    Jun 2, 2014
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Thank you. And I HAVE to do it so no ifs, and, or buts. I have a fan fare I'm in love with done. Now I just need the meat and potatoes.
    Jun 2, 2014
  3. mlogan
    mlogan
    Think about things that make you angry?
    Jun 2, 2014
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    It's an upbeat and comedic game so I need a happier tune but I think I'm going to throw in some parody and toss in a heroic sounding bridge. So, I need to get a little happy. Which usually isn't that hard to do. :D
    Jun 2, 2014
  5. Clydous
    Clydous
    Keeping the tempo and time signature consistent works well for battle themes. Percussion works extremely well here, but it's not mandatory. Lastly, this should be one of the most catchy themes for your game--your player will be listening to it A LOT. Best of luck! =D
    Jun 2, 2014
  6. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    There are happy battle tunes. Look at "The Alchemist's Trials" by Aivi Tran. GUUDORAKU!
    Jun 2, 2014
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I'm strangely good at percussion, which isn't something I would have said a year ago. I have one battle theme I wrote that I like a lot. I wish I could just use that but, alas, new project. I'll go peak at the chords and rhythms for old time's sake. Thanks, Clydous. Moral boosts are always nice.
    Jun 2, 2014
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ Iron Croc I've been listening to a lot of Pokemon battle themes, lol. The one I did write previously was actually upbeat and silly.
    Jun 2, 2014
  9. mlogan
    Jun 2, 2014
  10. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    One mixed drink later and I'm making progress.
    Jun 2, 2014