RPG Maker Forums

Galenmereth
Galenmereth
There is only one way to upgrade windows versions; don't upgrade wndows version. Backup files > Fresh install > Move back files > Reinstall all the things. At least that's my 18+ years of experience as a windows user...
Arin
Arin
Great, now you're giving me second thoughts on getting a new comp. =|
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
As a Windows 8.1 user, I have not had an issues with the system. It has it's ups and it's downs, and it takes a while to get used to, but after that it isn't so bad.
deilin
deilin
but win 7 to win 8 is a rough transition. A lot of things are different. Win 8 overall sucks IMO, that tablet view is just stupid, and even it's desktop view works like crap. I still don't get when "all programs are now apps" was decided.
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
*pat* *pat* I know how you feel...
Zane
Zane
You won't even be able to get the update to 8.1 (fixes a lot of issues) because the store is so broken.
Pern
Pern
Maybe it's just me but I hate the apps on my desktop. I don't need apps on my destktop:< I got Windows 8 when this computer was made and given to me so I've learned to deal. But it's hellatrouble.
Scinaya
Scinaya
What Galenmereth said. Only way to update succesfully, without problems, is to update right away after fresh install of the old OS. This works, too.
Jonnie91
Jonnie91
Yeah, I'm gonna be going back to Windows 7. I just prefer it completely and utterly prefer it to Windows 8.1 (which is the version I'm currently attempting to use) I am just not gonna try and use Windows 8 anymore. It has its positives, but the apps I use the majority of the time being Skype (which was just point blank **** in comparison to the desktop one) and the Mail app are all just a pile of crap...) I upgraded for a chance at using Project Spark, but even that don't work an...
Clord
Clord
Yeah. Those exclusive Windows 8 games are generally not that impressive.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merpmerp