Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Holder
    Holder
    I wouldn't say that was disrespecting you, it's something that's said often by and to people of all ages.
    Jun 9, 2014
  2. Venka
    Venka
    hehe I'm mid 30's and when speaking to people in they're 60's I still get called a baby ;) It's just the way of things
    Jun 9, 2014
  3. Shion Kreth
    Shion Kreth
    Obviously being cut off while talking is being disrespected. :p Unfortunately discriminating against people for their age is pretty much the only completely socially accepted form of discrimination remaining. Only thing to do about it: tell people that's unacceptable and rude.
    Jun 9, 2014
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I know it's a common thing to say. I definitely have been disregarded in the past though. I've even been called a liar. Or that I couldn't possibly know.

There is plenty I don't know yet. Maybe this is more being annoyed as ease droppers.
    Jun 9, 2014
  5. CrypticCuddler
    CrypticCuddler
    No, I agree that was disrespectful. As much as some could say "Oh they're just flattering you", there was no reason to interrupt them when they were trying to tell a story. All because you're older doesn't mean you should get to interrupt a person like that. It's rude, period.
    Jun 9, 2014
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    It was also the way she said it that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. She said it really loud and with hearty laughter (almost a cackle, really). And while she directed the comment to me, she was looking at and trying to get affirmation from an older co-worker of mine who was directly across from me at the time.
    Jun 9, 2014
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ Venka Most of the time I find it light hearted and in pretty good humor. This one just grated me the wrong way!
    Jun 9, 2014
  8. mlogan
    mlogan
    She's just bitter that she's not still young. Hugs, I know it's still frustrating regardless of the reason she said it.
    Jun 9, 2014
  9. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    At some point, you'll get old enough to stop having older people elbowing each other at your "youth". Instead, young people will ask you if you've done "insert iconic activity that occurred years before you were even born" when you were a kid.
    Jun 9, 2014
  10. mlogan
    mlogan
    ^^^ Yes this is true too. Or when you start getting called "ma'am".
    Jun 9, 2014
  11. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    @Holder and Lunarea I totally agree! I'm flattered that people still think I'm a teen. Of course, when I tell them off about how I'm actually 27, they end up feeling stupid, not me. ^_^
    Jun 9, 2014
  12. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    A lot of people think I'm 18 (I rarely go much above 19 when we play the guessing game). I mean, I must be doing something good to my self or have nice genes. Not complaining. A lot of people will say, "Wait, how old are you!?"
    Jun 9, 2014
  13. Bukarett
    Bukarett
    Don't worry about that, I look pretty young at my age and I work at the store, when I asked a guy if he needs any help he told me he doesn't need one from a 14 year old... and if he can talk to someone older... Funny thing we literally just sell meat, so I don't have to be even legal age to sell that. XD I was kicked out of my college once as well by the security, they almost called the police that I was out of high school. Good times.
    Jun 9, 2014