I like a lot:

Xenogears

Legend of Mana

Chrono Cross
    Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. AoDLegacy
    AoDLegacy
    one of my favorites is Dark Cloud's OST. It was one of the games I played as a kid. Also Jak 3's OST was pretty good in my opinion.
    Jun 11, 2014
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    These are some great choices! Have to give you Legend of Mana, Dalph. It's great.

I'll list a few more of my favorites.

Super Mario RPG

Chrono Trigger

Pokemon games (the new one has an AMAZING soundtrack.

Various Zelda games.

All the Donkey Kong Country games

And I also love Grant Kirkhope's work. I really love game music, to be honest. XD
    Jun 11, 2014
  4. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    Arc rise fantasia Battle theme 2!
    Jun 11, 2014
  5. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    Delita's Theme from final fantasy tactics... + most of the soundtrack from final fantasy tactics.
    Jun 11, 2014
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Oh, Gosh! I need to give that OST another good listen. I also need to put that game on my replay list!
    Jun 11, 2014
  7. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Nier, Crusader Kings 2's OSTs :)
    Jun 11, 2014
  8. Arkecia
    Arkecia
    Either Chrono Cross or Legend of Mana, partly for nostalgic reasons.
    Jun 11, 2014
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Ha, nothing wrong with nostalgia. A lot of my favorite OSTs are from my childhood games. And they're still awesome and not completely fogged by nostalgia glasses.
    Jun 11, 2014
  10. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I'm listening to the Pokemon Snap OST right now. It's just nice reading music~
    Jun 11, 2014
  11. Ruby
    Ruby
    Suikoden II's soundtrack. Just that opening scene. *swoon*
    Jun 11, 2014
  12. Needle
    Needle
    FFIV, FFVI. Also, the original Lunar:TSS for the Sega CD is bloody incredible.
    Jun 11, 2014
  13. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ Needle FFIV is another good one for me.

@QtPi I actually never played Pokemon Snap growing up. My brother and I were huge into Pokemon but he really had it out for that game. Despised the idea of having our mom buy it for us, lol.
    Jun 11, 2014
  14. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    It's not exactly the best OST, but there's just enough sound to not distract me from my reading~
    Jun 11, 2014
  15. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I always use the weather channel for background noise. I used to do the news but that got annoying quickly. Both my parents are pilots and watch the weather channel for fun. It is strange but it's what comforts me when I need noise in the house, lol.
    Jun 11, 2014
  16. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I do that all the time, lol! My grandparents always had it on 80% of the time, so music from the weather channel has always been relaxing for me.
    Jun 11, 2014
  17. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I kind of hate that they don't play the smooth jazz all the time like they used to. They used to play "Take Five" on the local 8s and that's one of my favorite tunes. :c
    Jun 11, 2014
  18. Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3. It's wrapped in controversy because Michael Jackson was tapped to score the game. His influence is all over almost every track. But he's not credited and there's no way to be certain if he did score the game because SEGA is hush-hush about it. Music is awesome, though.
    Jun 11, 2014
  19. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I've actually always liked music in the Sonic series. I haven't played many past Adventure 2 but I've always loved the music.
    Jun 11, 2014
  20. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    My favourite sonic track of all time, I want to do a remix of it so badly :D
    Jun 11, 2014
  21. Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Tell me that doesn't sound like Smooth Criminal.

Tell me that doesn't sound like Thriller.
    Jun 11, 2014
  22. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    @Eschaton - I heard this used not only in the game it's from but also in a sonic 1 mod a while back, it fit absolutely perfectly...
    Jun 11, 2014
  23. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    I really like too many soundtracks to name. And far too many to have a "favorite." But instead of giving a super big name, I'll opt for one that was maybe a little overshadowed by bigger games. Legend of Legaia.
    Jun 11, 2014
  24. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Hahahaha, I totally hear it. It definitely is far from the first time some, uhm, familiar tunes have appeared in games.
    Jun 11, 2014
  25. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    I'm listening to two different ones right now:

Terraria Vol 1 & Vol 2 and Intelligent Qube for the PSX (it's part of the IQ: Perfect Music File OST, but I mainly listen to it for IQ, although Final Mix is pretty good too.)
    Jun 12, 2014
  26. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    YEEEEEEEEEEH CHRONO CROSS!!!

Also Zelda OOT and Zelda WW. Dragonroost FTW!
    Jun 12, 2014