Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Oh goodness... I hope you can get it to work, or at least find an alternative!
    Jun 16, 2014
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I'm not naming names, but the alternative to this software gives me even more abrupt nightmares, lol.

The previous year's version of this program was really wonderful so I don't know what the hell happened with this new version.

So, when they rolled out an updated, I thought, "Woo-hoo! They fixed it." Oh goodness, oh Good God, no they didn't.
    Jun 16, 2014
  3. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Lol! Their timing was just wonderful, of course.

I always have a hard time switching between versions of most programs, with or without bugs.
    Jun 16, 2014
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    It wouldn't be impossible for me to just re install the old version. All I would have to do to get back up to speed is transcribe the songs from the new version since I can't open a file made in a newer version. It would work, but one of the songs I was writing was getting quite long and 16th-note-y. T_T
    Jun 16, 2014
  5. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Oh man.... Here, sympathy cookies. TAKE THEM ALL. D:
    Jun 16, 2014
  6. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Yikes, that stinks. I've gone through that a few times. I have a couple companies marked on my "hit list," which means whenever they come out with an update, I run the other way. Just last week an update came out for some software I use, but it's from a company I've never tried an update from yet. I'm putting it off because I'm scared to try it...
    Jun 16, 2014
  7. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    If you use Finale 2014 run so far away from that update that your shoes catch fire and leave the sidewalk with an unmistakable smell of hot rubber and tar for the rest of its inorganic life.
    Jun 16, 2014
  8. Jonnie91
    Jonnie91
    @Ms Littlefish I work with Garritan Products myself, not their Notation stuff, but if you need help they DO have a brilliant support system on their own forums!
    Jun 17, 2014
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I've had to go through MakeMusic support before and they are nothing short of amazing. I just got off the phone and the tech was aware of my exact issue and has given me many options to try out.

2014 may not be their best version but their support is outstanding. Here's hoping I'm back up and running in a few minutes.
    Jun 17, 2014
  10. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    Hope you can fix it soon! GL!
    Jun 17, 2014
  11. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    When the trumpets freeze it sounds like a car alarm, ahahahah!
    Jun 17, 2014