Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. ??????
    ??????
    Most kids movies have really poor messages like that though..

Aladdin - thief that marries princess.

Beauty&&Beast - You have to look nice or people will hunt you down...

Lots more, but yea...
    Jun 20, 2014
  2. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    But in this case, its just a complete misunderstanding of the song in the context she is in. The movie doesn't imply that what she is doing is good, but everyone seems to take the song as meaning "I CAN BE ME" when really its about how going up in the mountains and ignoring all responsibility and rules you are going to fudge everything up.
    Jun 20, 2014
  3. ??????
    ??????
    Yea, when you look at it like that 'let it go' seems more like "well Frick everything else, I do what I want"...

My little girl loves that movie as well. She's always playing that dayum song on youtube as well.
    Jun 20, 2014
  4. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I don't get the obsession. It doesn't come close to being as good as Tangled or How To Train Your Dragon.
    Jun 20, 2014
  5. ??????
    ??????
    I'm gonna DL the dragon one this week. Havent seen that yet and my mom said its really good.

Never heard of tangled though, whats that about ? Oh wait - is that the hair one? lol
    Jun 20, 2014
  6. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Yeah, Tangled is the one based on Rapunzel. Its really good.
    Jun 20, 2014
  7. Cadh20000
    Cadh20000
    @ Dekita

"How To Train Your Dragon" is really good and it has a whole series based on it. 2 seasons long with a 3rd on the way I believe, plus the sequel movie(which I haven't seen yet).
    Jun 20, 2014
  8. ??????
    ??????
    Maybe I will end up watching alot of cartoons this weekend then ^_^
    Jun 20, 2014
  9. hyde9318
    hyde9318
    I feel the real mass appeal of the song outside of the 5-12 age range is because Idina Menzel completely knocked it out of the park. Her singing on that was phenomenal for a more recent Disney song. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that later disney songs are bad, I'm just saying that the newer singers dont seem to put as much heart into their songs.
    Jun 20, 2014
  10. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Well, they did change the plot. Originally Elsa was going to be the villain, so Let it Go was first written as a villain's song I think.
    Jun 20, 2014
  11. hyde9318
    hyde9318
    I just feel Idina really put her heart into it, which makes it more moving. BUT, that said, I do agree that it is WAY overplayed and HORRIBLY misunderstood.
    Jun 20, 2014
  12. ??????
    ??????
    lol, might have to stop the lil one watching that movie so much :/
    Jun 20, 2014
  13. Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    Why not have both?.gif

Really, it...is both. It's about empowerment, but it's also about being irresponsible. Both are very important. I'd go into more detail but it would be spoilers.
    Jun 20, 2014
  14. Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    No, wait, it's more about empowerment than irresponsibility. Things would have been worse if she just stayed locked away from everything and everyone. To go a little more into SPOILER territory, she wasn't even aware she caused a problem, and she started to hate herself again when she found out.

Yeah, let's encourage people to lock themselves away in torment forever for fear they might, MIGHT hurt somebody on accident. You must have missed that message I guess.
    Jun 20, 2014
  15. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    That is the issue though, both were terrible. She flips from one extreme to the other, and keep in mind that she was STILL isolating herself completely up in that ice castle.

The lesson in the movie is at the end, when its about using our powers tempered by love and understanding and all that flowery stuff.
    Jun 21, 2014
  16. ??????
    ??????
    lol "flowery stuff"
    Jun 21, 2014