Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    It might be possible to create a niche for yourself where that's what you do. Don't write it off as impossible.
    Jul 13, 2014
  2. Alkorri
    Alkorri
    It's good you're doing something that makes you happy :)
    Jul 13, 2014
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @ Sharm Ha, maybe! I'd like to be allowed to write other songs but I just never get bored of making waltzes!

@Alkorri My waltzes are good if I'm allowed to say so! ^_^
    Jul 13, 2014
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    I used to think that by the time I was good enough there would be no such thing as a pixel artist so I wasted a lot of time pursuing careers that I hated because they seemed more realistic. If I had believed in myself I would be a much better and more established pixel artist by now.
    Jul 13, 2014
  5. Sharm
    Sharm
    My point is that a little realism is good, but don't let it derail you from going for what you really want. It's actually easier than most people think to do what they love if they're willing to put in the right kind of work.
    Jul 13, 2014
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    My mother talked me out of doing my degree is music entirely. She told me it would never be a stable and realistic goal. Now I feel like I got the wrong degree and that I should be doing this full time. But I've never charged for my work, yet.
    Jul 13, 2014
  7. Alkorri
    Alkorri
    If I might say so, it's never too late! I left a good job in my thirties to do what I love.
    Jul 13, 2014
  8. Clydous
    Clydous
    Agreed. Hey, had I listened to my parents, I'd be studying to become a pharmacist. Though after a little proving, they're okay with my musical endeavors. In regards to your status, though, as could I...oh, and I could listen to your waltzes for the rest of my days and be happy, too. =P
    Jul 13, 2014
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I'm writing another one after listening to Khachaturian's "Masquerade"a few too many times.
    Jul 13, 2014
  10. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Excuse me. Not enough times. :D
    Jul 13, 2014