Comments on Profile Post by Arkane609

1. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    On a side note, can someone write me a good declination? Mine sucks and it seems rushed. Don't wanna share it since its just your generic "Ooh! Aah! Amazing Project! Can't work."
    Aug 14, 2014
  2. Shelby
    Shelby
    Is it lonely up there on your high horse?
    Aug 14, 2014
  3. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    Seriously, though. I don' even know where these requests are coming from. Makes me paranoid that this is all just one big prank hence why I'm declining all or most of them! But there's also the chance that they're not fake so I need to send them a declination that seems professional enough so that I wouldn't get any bad rep. ;~;
    Aug 14, 2014
  4. Shelby
    Shelby
    Yawn
    Aug 14, 2014
  5. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    ...well...i think your doing just fine with it. Just say, "Im sorry, but at this time i can't commit to any projects right now."....if they cant take the polite approach, then get a little rough, say "Ok, knock it off, NOW. For the last time, i dont want to be a part of you project. If you dont stop, im going to block you and report you to the mods. The end..." :) . There, that wasint so hard. :D
    Aug 14, 2014
  6. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    I'm not so sure what's up with Shelby though. 3:

This is all happening in my email, by the way. Not here. That should give you enough reason why I'm so paranoid with these requests. I didn't give these people my email. Someone out there, there's this person that's passing my contact info to strangers without my consent! I don't want to close down my email since I've already established myself well enough with this one business wise. Thankfully, t...
    Aug 14, 2014
  7. EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Make a new email for legit requests only?
    Aug 14, 2014
  8. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    I tried that, actually. Ended up being the email I use now. I don't have a huge following hence my reaction to these requests amazes and frightens me. As for the legitimacy of these requests, I'm not even sure if some are real or not. If I ask for any proof of the project, they always say "Oh, we're just in the planning and recruitment stages."

Some of them show progress but only to find out in the end that their recent progress was months ago. Don't get me...
    Aug 14, 2014
  9. Deleted
    Deleted
    Why not right some terms or something on the lines of 'Not currently accepting requests' or somethin to your profile page?
    Aug 14, 2014
  10. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    Oooh!!! I like that!

Though... I know for certain that the requests are from people who don't even know I have a profile. Though I'll certainly do that! Hopefully this lessens the bombardment of offers. ;~;

Thankies!
    Aug 14, 2014
  11. Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    I have a good declination letter : "I'm sorry I can't take anymore offer for now but I know an awesome composer here who is available.... " :p
    Aug 14, 2014
  12. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    ^ YES!! THAT'S WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! THANKS A MILLION! :DDDD
    Aug 14, 2014
  13. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    What shelby means dude is that you love to talk about yourself highly an awful lot... too much for it to be real. Just sayin'. :|
    Aug 14, 2014
  14. Arkane609
    Arkane609
    Note taken! :3

I'll look for someplace else to vent! :)
    Aug 14, 2014
  15. Shaz
    Shaz
    Yeah, being invited to join a dev team or a non-profit game when the person inviting you has just downloaded Ace yesterday and has this great idea for a game, but now needs to hire people who actually know what they're doing isn't really a compliment. It just means THEY have no idea what they're doing and the game will probably never get past the "I have a great idea for a game" stage. Take all of those off your list and see how many REAL job offers there are :)
    Aug 15, 2014