Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    wich SSD you decide to install :3 ?
    Aug 25, 2014
  2. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    A Samsung 840 EVO, Either 120 or 240 GB. Gonna decide after my paycheck comes in at the end of the month.
    Aug 25, 2014
  3. ??????
    ??????
    I also want to run my system from an SSD. Gonna have to wait till I can get a new computer though :p
    Aug 25, 2014
  4. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    @dekita : hellow High cost D:

@touchfuzzy : is better to chose the Highesst GB for more computer Effiecience D:
    Aug 25, 2014
  5. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    My entire program and windows installation fits under 100GB, so its actually not necessary to go to 240, but I will probably still go with the higher.
    Aug 25, 2014
  6. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    yeah is not like you doing art or something like that so it is now require to have like me 640 gbs

but I draw a lot of drawing and my softwares requires a lot of ram and memory xD
    Aug 25, 2014
  7. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I'll also have a secondary drive for most stuff. The SSD is just for windows + applications + a few games maybe, which will rotate out of being installed anyway.
    Aug 25, 2014
  8. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    when speaking about secondary drive wich did you recomend to me : D ?
    Aug 25, 2014
  9. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    As someone who has been using an SSD since January of this year, their speed is incredible. My computer restarts in only about 20 seconds, and that's from the desktop, not a cold boot.

As a comparison of speeds of the programs starting:

Photoshop: 3.46 Seconds

Illustrator(64-bit): 11.08 Seconds

InDesign: 23.49 Seconds

Acrobat: 0.53 seconds

Word(2013): 2.51 Seconds

Excel(2013): 1.63 Seconds

RMVXA: 1.95 Seconds

This as my first...
    Aug 25, 2014
  10. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    This as my first time running Illustrator and InDesign, so of course they were slower. On the second time running those two:

Illustrato(64-bit)r: 4.19 Seconds

InDesign: 3.25 Seconds

@Nio: The images themselves probably wouldn't be worth it to put on the SSD, but the programs would.
    Aug 25, 2014
  11. ??????
    ??????
    @Zalerinian - 20 seconds? WTH!! Mines take at least double that just to load from 'cold boot' :(
    Aug 25, 2014
  12. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    It's byooooo T. fuuuul~

My old laptop took about a minute from cold boot to login, then another two or so before my account was loaded fully. On this I can login and pretty much be done. The only thing I really have to wait for is the startup processes to launch and them to connect to the internet.

Just download Speccy from Piriform, and this is my summary:
    Aug 25, 2014
  13. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I should, however, mention something. With SSDs being relatively new, Windows does occassionally have a fit with it. Every so often it will BlueScreen on the login screen (It has yet to happen anywhere else). It's not so bad now that the machine boots so quickly, but it still can be a bit annoying. I have been told that updating the driver firmware for the drive can fix it, though I tried that once. Not entirely sure I did it right (Not sure where Samsung keeps their SSD Drivers)
    Aug 25, 2014
  14. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    If you want to look up the issue, it's DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION

(Sorry, got cut off from last post)
    Aug 25, 2014
  15. seita
    seita
    My desktop cold boots in about 15 seconds, but my laptop boots in 9 ;x but my SP3 boots in like 5 seconds o_o
    Aug 26, 2014