RPG Maker Forums

Bastrophian
Bastrophian
Welcome to the club. As it turns out, creating a game by yourself, while not impossible, is rather difficult....even with a engine so easy to use a kid could make a palyable game with it. Its really best to have a team of people with all the right talents. Artists, scripters, and writers...ect. :) . We all have to be here for each other, because we cant all do everything our selves....unless your like...super human or something. lol
Korimax
Korimax
Unfortunately I'm not super human, though I am an in the closet unicorn. :D
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
Also....im not the best artist on the forums by any means...but im alot better than i thought i was, because i decided to give it a try, and not give up. You can get better at what ever you put your hand too.
Shelby
Shelby
These things take time!
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
like shelby say this take time for begin to be good in something you have to take your patience and always pratice this is how you can get better to something ;3
Ksi
Ksi
http://i.imgur.com/Vxlucrg.png

http://i.imgur.com/5CtDkqX.png

Two of my first maps in RM. The second was a forest.

http://i.imgur.com/AahrcZM.png

A map I made today. A lot of practice coupled with playing games and looking at better maps will help you a lot to get better. The same goes for eventing, scripting and other areas of game dev. You can do it if you give yourself the chance to. NO-ONE was ever perfect on their first try at something. Give yourself a ch...
Ksi
Ksi
...chance to learn. It takes time, patience and you will never be the best there is - there will always be something more to learn, something more you can improve on and someone better than you. As long as you want to improve and make steps to do so, you will.
Korimax
Korimax
Its not that I haven't been practicing, I've had RPG Maker VX Ace for over a year, and overall I haven't gotten much better. (I improved greatly over the course of my first 3 months.) Now I barely see any improvement if any at all.
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
Have you posted any of your work on the WIP thread? People might be able to tell you how you can improve :) . Iron sharpens iron...
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
this not take one year for get better you have to pratice for years myself for get really good in draw I pratice for like 7 years it will be cool if you learn in one year but sadly this not the case so it is normal to not see big improvement this is little step by little step
sai
sai
If practicing more doesn't help, then practice differently. Sometimes you need to mix it up to get interesting results. Try a different approach and experiment.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!
So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:
I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.
mercba30 wrote on Jesse - PVGames's profile.
How do I get the new version of the character creator? Thank you in advance!

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bollehopp