Comments on Profile Post by Sixth

1. Milennin
    Milennin
    That's why you always create a back-up every time you add a new chunk of content to your game.
    Sep 3, 2014
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    Try right clicking and telling it to "restore previous versions".
    Sep 3, 2014
  3. Polite Whale
    Polite Whale
    You wouldn't imagine the countless times this has happened to me over the years. I suggest using some service of the kind of dropbox since those tend to maintain a long history of versions, more than windows.
    Sep 3, 2014
  4. Sixth
    Sixth
    I used Tsukihime's backup script, but turns out, that one saves the project at the same time, so both my backup and my original project is lost.

I got no "restore to previous versions" option at all. Seen that people suggest this everywhere on the internet, but turns out that I got no such options anywhere in my windows version (XP Pro).

My project just passed the 500MB size.

Got all the graphic and audio setup finished already. Most of my maps were finished also.
    Sep 4, 2014
  5. Sixth
    Sixth
    Uploading 500MB of data every single time I change something in my project is just impossible to do with my connection (2G mobile net).

I will try to restore it with a data recovery program, but if that fails too, I will just give up and stop trying.

Gonna make tutorials for people here, with some of my systems from my project.

If it is lost and I can't restore my project, I can at least share some bits of it to help others, right?

Thought that won't make me feel...
    Sep 4, 2014
  6. Sixth
    Sixth
    happier at all. >.>

And dayum the character limit here! lol
    Sep 4, 2014
  7. ElementalLight
    ElementalLight
    i know the pain i got blue screen while working on my project all the data went corrupt and could do crap thought i was out of luck luckily my partner keep a copy of it.
    Sep 4, 2014
  8. Geoff Moore
    Geoff Moore
    What about windows restore points? Your computer is hopefully set to automatically create them. Google it, I'd try that first.
    Sep 4, 2014
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    That's for registry, it doesn't effect files.
    Sep 4, 2014
  10. Geoff Moore
    Sep 4, 2014
  11. Milennin
    Milennin
    You can also do back-ups onto external HDs or USB sticks if uploading them online isn't an option.
    Sep 4, 2014
  12. Sixth
    Sixth
    I got no "restore to previous versions" feature, so a system restore would not work.

And I know I could have made a backup. Notice: could have.

But now that the damage is done, can anyone tell me a program which does the same as the "previous versions" feature? All of what I found was for win7&8, no XP version. >.>
    Sep 4, 2014
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    There might be something out there, but it doesn't work retroactively. It works by saving multiple versions of the same file and keeping the duplicates hidden. I'm sorry you lost your game, I've lost many an art project to the same things.
    Sep 4, 2014
  14. Shaz
    Shaz
    Are you SURE you've LOST everything? Not just one or two files that are corrup?

This really needs to go on the forum, where people can help you better, so I'm going to lock this.
    Sep 4, 2014