RPG Maker Forums

Milennin
Milennin
That's why you always create a back-up every time you add a new chunk of content to your game.
Sharm
Sharm
Try right clicking and telling it to "restore previous versions".
Polite Whale
Polite Whale
You wouldn't imagine the countless times this has happened to me over the years. I suggest using some service of the kind of dropbox since those tend to maintain a long history of versions, more than windows.
Sixth
Sixth
I used Tsukihime's backup script, but turns out, that one saves the project at the same time, so both my backup and my original project is lost.

I got no "restore to previous versions" option at all. Seen that people suggest this everywhere on the internet, but turns out that I got no such options anywhere in my windows version (XP Pro).

My project just passed the 500MB size.

Got all the graphic and audio setup finished already. Most of my maps were finished also.
Sixth
Sixth
Uploading 500MB of data every single time I change something in my project is just impossible to do with my connection (2G mobile net).

I will try to restore it with a data recovery program, but if that fails too, I will just give up and stop trying.

Gonna make tutorials for people here, with some of my systems from my project.

If it is lost and I can't restore my project, I can at least share some bits of it to help others, right?

Thought that won't make me feel...
Sixth
Sixth
happier at all. >.>

And damn the character limit here! lol
ElementalLight
ElementalLight
i know the pain i got blue screen while working on my project all the data went corrupt and could do crap thought i was out of luck luckily my partner keep a copy of it.
Geoff Moore
Geoff Moore
What about windows restore points? Your computer is hopefully set to automatically create them. Google it, I'd try that first.
Sharm
Sharm
That's for registry, it doesn't effect files.
Geoff Moore
Milennin
Milennin
You can also do back-ups onto external HDs or USB sticks if uploading them online isn't an option.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Never thought a day would come during summer when Id have to wear a sweater and two pairs of socks...
And today we got some insides maps from the town i posted last time.

Map044.png
Map045.png
Map046.png
Map047.png Map048.png Map049.png Map050.png
So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renbo