Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. Milennin
    Milennin
    Couldn't play that game for more than 1 hour.
    Sep 13, 2014
  2. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Your loss. Great game with incredibly solid mechanics and a bazillion things to do. (HD version is even better being based on the International version with the Creature Creator)
    Sep 13, 2014
  3. Dalph
    Dalph
    Nothing can top VI and Tactics for me but yes, X-2 is actually a solid game and I don't understand why people hate it so much.
    Sep 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Tactics is what makes X-2 #2 on my list. VI is like 5th for me. Behind Tactics, X-2, and VII and V tied for 3rd.
    Sep 13, 2014
  5. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Also, X-2 HD for all the International content makes it way way way way better.
    Sep 13, 2014
  6. Indrah
    Indrah
    NNNo. I jsut dont see it that way in any facet of it.

Disconnected from the franchise it stands okay as a very bubbly game I guess, but I wouldnt call it great by any means. Some mechanics being appealing don't make a game great to me.
    Sep 13, 2014
  7. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Its not just the mechanics. The story is actually nowhere near as bad as people think, the whole concept of a world adjusting after something of the scale of Sin/Yu Yevon and being lied to by its religion for a thousand years is interesting. The Shuyin/Lenne story I actually liked.

Also it had really innovative ideas in structure, being massively different from 99% of RPGs ever made in how it was organized
    Sep 13, 2014
  8. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    since it didn't organize the game by distance but by time, which I can only think of two other RPGs that really did that (P3/4).

The game is easily the best game mechanically of all the FFs I've played, and the tone is refreshing.
    Sep 13, 2014
  9. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    The only game that I think is solidly better than it is Tactics, and I think Tactics is one of the best games ever made PERIOD.

Add in that honestly VII, VI, and most of the other fan favorite FFs are highly overrated (usually good games, but not nearly as great as most people think) and its easy for X-2 to squeak in at #2, Especially the HD version with excellent, excellent additions.
    Sep 13, 2014
  10. Diretooth
    Diretooth
    I like X and X-2, I'm getting the remastered version in a few days. X for its good story and pretty good voice acting (and for having a rarely seen good romance plot), and X-2 for showing somewhat realistic reactions to having lived a lie of constant fear and sacrifice. (Yuna never truly got to experience the world, and when you get 100 completion, she settles down, having seen everything.)
    Sep 13, 2014
  11. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    @Diretooth, Remastered is excellent, you will not be disappointed.
    Sep 13, 2014
  12. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Not going to argue your opinion, but my second Fav (mainstream) FF is probably VII
    Sep 13, 2014
  13. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    I prefer the 8 with cloud and also the 9
    Sep 14, 2014
  14. Zefreonzack
    Zefreonzack
    Haven't played FF past 9. My current most fav, in order, are 8, 9, 7.
    Sep 17, 2014