RPG Maker Forums

mlogan
mlogan
Aurora as I'm not certain how to pronounce the other and that's a big turn off for me when it comes to character names.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Aurelia, pronounced as read. Ore- el - eah
Silent Darkness
Silent Darkness
Aurelia. Aurora's been done enough times.
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
Well, it's not supposed to be for a game, but I guess it counts for all types of stories?
Silent Darkness
Silent Darkness
It does count, for sure. It's a literature-wide thing.
Eschaton
Eschaton
How about the French name Aurelie?
Nirwanda
Nirwanda
What's with english speakers and pronucianciation? You're so..finicky about it. Anyway: for a real person Aurora; for a fictional character Aurelia.
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
French wouldn't be good, because the setting is around Britan/Scotland
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
*I mean Britain
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
I'm British, but I'm nit bothered about name pronounciations! :p
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Not* pronunciations*
Zetu
Zetu
Honestly, the first thing I thought of when you mentioned this is...

Aurora: Disney Princess

Aurelia: War Angel (MtG)

Aurelia is fine, but Aurora is too used.
The Stranger
The Stranger
You should consider the name meanings, and choose one which reflects the personality of the character.
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
That's the problem: Both meanings are acceptable. That's why I can't choose.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Aurora would be a good name for a character who stands against the shadow, who is the voice of truth, or the herald of new beginnings.Aurelia is just the feminine form of Aurelius, which means "golden" or "gilded".
BlackRoseMii
BlackRoseMii
The only meaning I need is, that is should have something to do with color ("golden" and "aurora borealis/nothern light") What kind of personality she has isn't important, because she will be born at the end of the story XD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bartzfact0r