RPG Maker Forums

EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Put the cats in another room, then set a "trap" that leads the mouse outside, or arrange the furnature arround the mouse to make a corridor that it can run down, outside.
TheRiotInside
TheRiotInside
I'm sure between the two of them, the cats will eventually catch it. I'd leave the job to them and try not to think too much about it :)
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
Well, the problem is that we've suspected the mouse to be in our house for maybe a week or two? We figured the cats will just eventually catch it, since they have caught it several times (it just gets away). We don't want to separate the cats because we don't know how long it will take the mouse to find the trap.
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
That's what we've been doing, TheRiotInside, but it's been several weeks.
Celianna
Celianna
If your cats haven't caught it by now, it's because they're toying around with it. Sometimes housecats will simply play around with their prey, instead of killing it.

I suggest to look for areas where the mouse can hide and block it off.
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
We've done that. I guess it's just a matter of time, then. :)
??????
??????
Dont worry, the cats will get it and bring it to you when they kill it. They will expect praise when they do :D
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
Yeah lol I've heard stories. Can't say that I'm excited for that lol I just hope they don't lay it ON me.
Sharm
Sharm
Is it the same mouse? 'Cause mice breed at an impressive rate and if you see one it's likely that there are more you don't see. Put the traps in really narrow places the cats are too small for.
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
I'm not sure if it's only one mouse, but I believe it is. It's rather large for a mouse, so I think I'd notice if it was different each time they caught it.
Tarsus
Tarsus
I would have a word with your cats if I were you, they don't seem to be doing their job properly.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
I had a mouse pit into a jacket pocket once. It was very dead ._.

Why not just put the cats in another room for a couple of hours then?
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
Well, the mouse only shows it's face every few days. After it gets caught, it hides away for a couple of days.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Depends where it hides. It surely can't hide under a bookcase for two days if there's no food or drink, right?
EliteKilljoy
EliteKilljoy
True, but we don't really know where it's hiding. We keep some food in the basement and it scurried down there today, so it definitely has food it can get to.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
It scurried to the basement for food? Put a trail to lead it outside :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokuboter