Comments on Profile Post by Nathan Frost

1. ??????
    ??????
    Who has syrup with french toast? Its made from eggs and bread...
    Jan 30, 2015
  2. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    If you go to like a dinner they do it, I know my siblings do it. I personally don't think it tastes good with it. Now if we were talking about cream cheese and strawberries though..
    Jan 30, 2015
  3. Chester
    Chester
    can I have sum meow ? :3
    Jan 31, 2015
  4. ??????
    ??????
    best thing for french toast is to let the bread lay in the egg mix for about 10 minutes, it swells up to an insane size and is just epicly fluffy && thick when cooked. Can always add a sprinkle of cheese or a dollop of ketchup too :D
    Jan 31, 2015
  5. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Well great....now you got me wantin' French toast... :}
    Jan 31, 2015
  6. mlogan
    mlogan
    Mmm, I love french toast right out of the pan. I always sprinkle some cinnamon in the egg before I dip it.
    Jan 31, 2015
  7. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    Mmmm. French Toast...

We eat 'em Rancher Style... with Syrup and Peanut Butter.
    Jan 31, 2015
  8. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    @Chester, I used all my mix to feed myself. Sorry!

@Dekita

Haven't tried it yet, I will say that I'm not going to let regular white bread sit in it for 10 minutes, it was kind of falling apart when I put it in for 5 seconds lol. There is a bread at the store that's made for french toast though!
    Jan 31, 2015
  9. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    @Deathswallow

It's simple and quick to make ;)

@mlogan

Oh your right, I've heard of that. I have cinnamon on the shelf too. Dang it. Will do next time!
    Jan 31, 2015
  10. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    @oceaniqo

There is like so many cool things you can do... I love it. I'll have to jot all your suggestions down.
    Jan 31, 2015
  11. ??????
    ??????
    Jan 31, 2015
  12. ??????
    ??????
    also, a spatula is great for moving the bread from the the bowl of mix into the pan :D
    Jan 31, 2015
  13. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    Jan 31, 2015
  14. mlogan
    mlogan
    Well, Dekita, that is standard sandwich bread. But at most stores you can get a wide variety of different types of bread. I like to get a loaf of French bread (imagine that) and cut thick slices for French toast.
    Jan 31, 2015
  15. ??????
    ??????
    Jan 31, 2015
  16. mlogan
    Jan 31, 2015
  17. mlogan
    mlogan
    Is that a pretty standard Scottish bread? Like, eaten by most on a daily basis? It looks interesting.
    Jan 31, 2015
  18. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    Unfortunately, the bread in US markets never look like true loaves of bread. It's much cheaper to buy regular sandwich bread that's flimsy on purpose. lol Although, Id stick to wheat bread for sandwiches.
    Jan 31, 2015
  19. ??????
    ??????
    @M. S. Logan ~ yea, its called 'Plain' Bread. Its a traditional Scottish bread and can be purchased in any convenience store. :)
    Jan 31, 2015
  20. mlogan
    mlogan
    Nice. It looks light and fluffy.
    Jan 31, 2015
  21. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    Another thing I love doing is making banana bread when I'm in the mood for it. Homemade items in general just taste better to be honest. :)

@Dekita

I'm pretty sure your bread would taste better then what we have.
    Jan 31, 2015
  22. ??????
    ??????
    Course it would, its Scottish bread, and Scottish everything is superior ^_^
    Jan 31, 2015
  23. Nathan Frost
    Nathan Frost
    American's go big on everything though. Big houses, Big Cars, Big Meals, Big People. You know.. lol
    Jan 31, 2015
  24. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    stale bread does wonders for FT. it absorbs more custard and gets all thick and nummy :| ~~
    Jan 31, 2015
  25. Omega Weapon
    Omega Weapon
    French Toast!! I always make them with either spices (hearthy), or with cinnamon and sugar (sweet). You mix your sugar+cinnamon or spices into the batter. I always mix eggs with some milk, that's all.
    Jan 31, 2015
  26. ??????
    ??????
    I'm certainly gonna try some of these suggestions out :D
    Jan 31, 2015