RPG Maker Forums

Blinn
Blinn
Spend 5 years in your bedroom, living at your parents' house while under crushing financial limitations. That should give you a first-rate education on psychological troubles.
Warpmind
Warpmind
Express how? Do you mean like "the character is depressed, so the screen is run through a monochrome filter", or are you talking more along the lines of status effects and dialogue?
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
@ Blinn- OMG!! You totally just summerized the past 5 years of my life ( :o !!! More or less...it really sucked.
CrazyCrab
CrazyCrab
Darkest dungeon has an interesting way of doing it, but it's really focused on the gameplay aspect of it, with a slow descent into madness as the stress piles up on the heroes. Might be worth looking into.
Sylvor
Sylvor
I was actually more talking about how to express them, show how the character thinks. Peek inside his mind, as to say. I've had enough psychological troubles to pick from, but expressing them is way more difficult than I ever imagined.
AriesFireTiger
AriesFireTiger
My two cents: Throw in things like random voices talking to the character, delusions of grandeur(e.g. they think they are Jesus or some Egyptian cat god), extreme mood swings, hallucinations, drug abuse, irritability, changes in sex drive/eating habits, excessive hostility/anger/violence....source: personal experience, I'm crazy x.x'
Sylvor
Sylvor
I was actually thinking about having a character in the game, that is with the MC for pretty much the entire game, but along the way you notice these tiny little irrationalities. At the end of the game it is revealed that the character is actually a hallucination of the MC, that was created to help him cope with the cruelties he saw during the Unification Wars.

The mind only has three doors to flee into after all: sleep, insanity and death.
AriesFireTiger
AriesFireTiger
Check out "Spec Ops: The Line"
Sylvor
Sylvor
Played. Awesome game. Made me flip a few times. Gameplay itself sucked though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while
MythicRuss wrote on gothicvoid's profile.
hi, i was looking thru ur awesome stuff, and was looking around the internet, how in the heckin heck do i get the hiddendoors to open? im addng them to the doors event but they just appear as solid walls, btw am total noob lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiboQuinn