RPG Maker Forums

ロリ先輩
ロリ先輩
If everything was free, you wouldn't have to kill to stay alive.

No animals would die for consumption. No plants would be eaten. No bacteria would eat you.

Society, as we know it, would be a lot more primitive, assuming that factors that encourage the evolution of intelligence/sapience crop up at all.
Sausage_Boi
Sausage_Boi
And what is with the urge to "own" and possess things? We are transitory, and quite ephemeral. We should content ourselves to experience and interact, not own, dominate and control.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
Everyone wants things to be free...wants 'it' to be theirs and only theirs, completely for free, with no strings attached. But no one wants to 'create, conceive, cultivate....work' , and then give for free. And I don't nessisarily think that's wrong, if for example, I'm making a sprite for someone, I want to get "something" out of it. For me, It doesn't have to be money, it could be the pleasure making something unieiqu, or even know that the person who...
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
...Who I made it for really appreciated it...but there are some people out there who can take even that away... :(
Geoff Moore
Geoff Moore
I imagine a world where I don't have to pay the bills, and ask myself would I still create? Of course I would, because I love creating! In fact I'd create a hell of a lot more because I wouldn't have to spend my life working to pay bills!! The correlation between art and money is a purely invented one. Its impossible to truly conceive of a world not driven by money, but I refuse to accept it would be one without art.
Sharm
Sharm
Keep in mind that a world without want is not the same at all as a world where everything is free. I think jobs would still exist in a world without want, and they'd all be creative.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
@Sharm- I agree....but how does one create a world without want? What would need to happen?
Geoff Moore
Geoff Moore
Well, the top ten percent of the world's richest people would have to give up about half of their uncountable mountains of money, and that's the simplest thing that will never happen.
Geoff Moore
Geoff Moore
Even though it would provide enough money to 'fix' the entire world.
Geoff Moore
Geoff Moore
Sorry, I got my facts wrong, that should have been one percent.
Sharm
Sharm
I think mostly we just need more robots. ^_^
Sharm
Sharm
Mostly useless: As I recall something very similar to that happened just after the huge stock market crash in the US and there was still a Great Depression. Just having the money doesn't change people at all.
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
THATS IT!!!! ROBOTS!! OF COURSE!! EVERY KIND OF ROBOT!! 8D
Susan
Susan
Basically, it's not about what you have.

It's about who you are. ;)
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
@Susan- ;)
PixelHeart
PixelHeart
I just saw a customer give their waiter a very good drawing of a dragon on a napkin as a tip...he got money too....I'm so jelly. 8(
Susan
Susan
@Deathswallow: I would totally love that dragon drawing. You've got good skills, you'll get there. :)
Sausage_Boi
Sausage_Boi
Art has existed LONG before you find any evidence of money. Think: Cave Paintings. Money is suspected to have emerged around 12,000 B.C., the oldest known cave painting is about 35,400 years old.
Sausage_Boi
Sausage_Boi
I agree with you sharm, we would still have "Jobs" but it wouldn't be tantamount to slave labor. In our slave system, WE have to provide food, shelter and security for ourselves. In the old system, the "masters" provided these things for the slaves. I think our "jobs" would be whatever skills we develop and ply. Without having to pursue money, I could pursue my passions.
Sharm
Sharm
Sure, but free doesn't mean "doesn't cost money" it means "doesn't cost". Working hard is a type of cost, for trade is a cost, those all existed in the cave painting era.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
:rtear:

heroine before entering いせかい

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tip2202