Comments on Profile Post by Kevin O'Ryan

1. Hudell
    Hudell
    Good bye, and good luck with your games :)
    Feb 18, 2015
  2. That Bread
    That Bread
    Sounds like a good plan to go back to what you're experienced with. Goodbye Kevin, I am glad it was a good experience with us, come back anytime if you so wish one day. :)
    Feb 18, 2015
  3. Mirpono
    Mirpono
    I wish you luck on your games, too!
    Feb 18, 2015
  4. Kevin O'Ryan
    Kevin O'Ryan
    Thank you guys! That means so much to me. I most likely will return someday, but for now I have to return to my roots. I'm not getting as much accomplished with this engine. However, if I need an RPG game made, I know where to go. I just don't have any RPG games of the menu for my 2015 Re-Launch of TKZ Productions. :p
    Feb 18, 2015
  5. UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    What engine(s) are you returning to?
    Feb 18, 2015
  6. Kevin O'Ryan
    Kevin O'Ryan
    GameMaker 8.1, I have used GameMaker since I was 7 years old. :) It's where everything started for me. :)
    Feb 18, 2015
  7. UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    Cool! I have wanted to use it, but the coding holds me back. Though I am learning Ruby now, I intend to learn Java at some point, too.
    Feb 18, 2015
  8. Kevin O'Ryan
    Kevin O'Ryan
    GML is very easy, however, no coding comes generally easy. You have great ambition, keep with it. I hope you make great things with both Rub and Java. Ruby, being the language for RPG Maker, I also hope you success with future games. :)
    Feb 18, 2015
  9. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I understand that game maker may be right for you, but I had recently used it for a group project, and I couldn't stand that program. It had several bugs and crashing issues for me.

The company that made it, YoYo Games, has also just been bought out for only £10 million ($16.4 million). Hopefully the new owner can make it better.

I am very opposed to how the event system works in Game Maker. I've always worked with, even before RM, Object-Oriented programmin...
    Feb 18, 2015
  10. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Object-Oriented programming. Game maker is procedural style, and to me this makes everything a lot more annoying to do than needed. Then there's also the fact that GML is missing several basic constructs nearly all modern languages have, like the ability to catch and handle an exception.
    Feb 18, 2015
  11. Kevin O'Ryan
    Kevin O'Ryan
    Cool beans! :p
    Feb 18, 2015
  12. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I realize that my comments are more of a "this program sucks", but I do wish you farewell, and good luck. I suppose the way that program and style works suits you, or is just what you learned with.
    Feb 18, 2015
  13. UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    Have you published any games with GameMaker, Kevin?
    Feb 18, 2015
  14. Kevin O'Ryan
    Kevin O'Ryan
    Zalerinian, I just didn't know how to reply, but no harm done. lol Both GameMaker and RPG Maker have there flaws. It's all good.

philteredkhaos, yes I have. I have came out two, 3 in the next month. Soon to be 4 in the later months. My brother also made on there, call HarkenRider...something. Here check it out. :p

http://thekmanzproductions.weebly.com/games.html
    Feb 18, 2015
  15. Kevin O'Ryan
    Kevin O'Ryan
    I am currently working on the site, but it will not effect your viewing.
    Feb 18, 2015
  16. Maxjonathay
    Maxjonathay
    man, just believe in your dreams dude, we'll miss you in the community. Good luck! You're awesome.
    Feb 18, 2015