RPG Maker Forums

Susan
Susan
Crysalis is the RM VX Ace sample game, whereas Knight Blade is the XP RM sample game.
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@Susan: Did you try them both? Which one would you recommend first?
Susan
Susan
Depends on the engine you're using. Since you're using RMXP, I'll suggest that you play Knight Blade. You can open the project file to check out how they event everything in the game. :)
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
Oh...so the games come in project form and you can see how they did it and play it simultaneously. I thought we wouldn't be allowed to, Lol. I also have VX Ace, so I'm guessing it comes in the same form as Knight Blade.. :)
Susan
Susan
Correct. The sample games were provided for you to play and examine how things are done. Crysalis is for RM VX Ace.

By the way, the music in Knight Blade is copyrighted and cannot be used the same way RTP is.
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
Oh, I would never steal music or anything from someone else's project. That would be a great offense! :o

What about the RTP in Knight Blade? Judging from the screenshots, it's not anything I've come across before, but I'm guessing we can't use that either...
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
*I meant the tilesets RTP in Knight Blade.
Susan
Susan
Sorry, I meant the music in Crysalis is copyrighted. And I didn't mean to imply that you would use something without permission. It was just a head's up.

I'm not sure if the tilesets in Knight Blade can reused. I haven't heard of anyone asking about this. Sorry.
Seacliff
Seacliff
You don't need an engine to play an RPG maker game as long as you have the RTP.

That being said, I only played Crysalis years back and it was okay. It might give you new ways to try skills but it's nothing groundbreaking. It's about an hour long, so I can't say it was a waste of my time.
Susan
Susan
Later on, you can try Silver Town to find out more things that can be done in RM VX Ace. The completed game is available unencrypted for that reason.
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
It's fine, also, thanks again for informing me about these sample games. I can't wait to try them out, play them and learn from them. Thanks for the heads up about the music as well! You've been a wondeful help! Have a great day! :)
Susan
Susan
Enjoy! ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.
Had a dream last night that I died -- what a way to start the weekend! :'D
For some reasons, my signature was replaced by god-knows-what, written in French. Had to re-replace it with my signature Nazeem-ish quote; not gonna remake my signature any time soon.
2021? I still wonder if people still doing MV than MZ more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vituvitu