Comments on Profile Post by STORMFATH3R

1. Shaz
    Shaz
    Not sure what projects drying up after recruitment is over has to do with being n00b friendly. I think people are incredibly keen to get a team for the great game they have in their head, jump in and do that, then wonder what the heck they're supposed to do now, because there is STILL all the planning work that needs to be done right at the start and it's not something that just goes away because you've now got a team. Still needs to be done, is still a big job.
    Feb 27, 2015
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    I think RM does a fantastic job of making the process as simple as possible, but at the end of the day you're still making an RPG which is not a small task. If you're the sort of person who knows how to finish what they start it's not a problem, but it's a learned skill that not many new users have.
    Feb 27, 2015
  3. STORMFATH3R
    STORMFATH3R
    Yeah, I definitely agree it is a huge under-taking I was more wondering if most these users are just retreating into skype groups alot and staying off the forums. A high rate of drop out is to be expected with anything as hard as making a entire game. Also the two questions are in fact unrelated. I was just asking two in one status update XD
    Feb 28, 2015
  4. Shaz
    Shaz
    That may be the case. A team needs somewhere to communicate, and I don't think we really have areas for that to happen here. But I suspect a lot come into it without realizing just what a big job it is, and it all becomes too much.
    Feb 28, 2015
  5. STORMFATH3R
    STORMFATH3R
    Yeah being the lead on one of these projects is a TON of work not to mention the other projects your helping out with and trades / favors. Can get overwhelming for sure sometimes. I guess really we just summarized Indie Game: The Movie XDDDD
    Feb 28, 2015