RPG Maker Forums

Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Sounds good to me! DO YOUR WORST! Oh wait, I don't have anything released yet.
cane_danko
cane_danko
you can't complain if you don't vote! oh wait... people still do all the time... DAM UR LOGIC!
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
Only one you're hurting if you're mean/harsh to everyone is yourself, TBH.
cane_danko
cane_danko
but... you are a croc made of iron... your mouth hurts ;(..
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I'm harsh to pretty much everyone as well as fairly critical. Doesn't really hurt me much. Tends to hurt others more. But what's the line? "The truth hurts"?
cane_danko
cane_danko
i'm a meanie ;(
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
TBH when you're "harsh" it usually goes in one ear, out the other.
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
But hey. To each their own.
cane_danko
cane_danko
but.. i want yours too ;(
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Well, it "goes in one ear and out the other" often because people don't like or want to be told they did something wrong. It has less to do with being harsh and blunt and more to do with people being conditioned to think that it's always someone else's fault, they're perfect as they are, and they're special little snowflakes. Believe it or not, there were times in human history when criticism was valid and everyone listened to it despite how harsh it was. I just...
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I just believe in not coddling anyone. You coddle babies and toddlers. You do not coddle children, teenagers, or adults.
cane_danko
cane_danko
some of us like being little snowflakes... but i like to balled up too and thrown at people :D
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
@ Tai: Critique should be truthful, but it should also be presented with a certain degree of respect. If you're not respectful to the person whose game you're criticising, why should they listen to you? They have all the right to get defensive, regardless of how valid your critique is. It's the ABC of social etiquette.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@Matseb Eh, that's that "coddling" thing I was talking about. I also don't believe respect should be automatic... I believe it should be earned. Being honest, blunt, and harsh, towards a work is not disrespectful of the person who made it at all. Unless there are personal attacks in there with the critique (which there shouldn't be if you're critiquing a work). It's people thinking an attack on their work is a personal critique that lands them in the "wan...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianhendrawan