This is not RM... Is it?
    Apr 12, 2015
  2. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    You'll get there. That's what matters!
    Apr 12, 2015
  3. C-C-C-Cashmere
    C-C-C-Cashmere
    it's not RM. but the reason I watch this is not so I can be discouraged. it's so I can be discouraged from making a certain type of game because I know others have done it better. it makes me think if there's something that I can do really well that is unlike anybody else's. in this example, I'm pretty sure I can never make art like that, or provide such a polish and presentation, including animations, as that title. but perhaps I can create more innovative and unique game...
    Apr 12, 2015
  4. C-C-C-Cashmere
    C-C-C-Cashmere
    ...play? a deep sense of character that transcends graphical limitations? I think it's about learning your limitations and how to work within them to create something truly fantastic.
    Apr 12, 2015
  5. KanaX
    KanaX
    If I'm allowed, I think that's a bad process. It's one thing to refrain from developing a game in a way that you know you are bad at and another to forbid yourself to make a game just because someone else has done it better. Your experience and resources grow. Just utilize them on the right time.
    Apr 12, 2015
  6. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    The kitty is wise. It is very unhealthy to be in such a mindset. I should know, I've been in such a mindset for a long time! Seeing others' work, AS HOBBYISTS has made me discouraged from even trying in the past.

Just get out there, do it, and put yourself out there!
    Apr 12, 2015