RPG Maker Forums

deilin
deilin
People will probably play them, though not prefer them.
Raider
Raider
Good Graphics don't equal a good game, but that's an issue many people already wrote about. Sadly in the mass of rpg maker games you mostly have to use extraordinary graphics to get attention from people, who then might play your game.
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@deilin: Yeah, the game Angels of Farsaria on Steam is an good example, and it seems to do well using the RTP of XP, and it looks very interesting to try. :D Thanks for your opinion as well! :D

@Raider: Yes, it's a very shocking truth we all must face, but it's good to know that good graphics don't make a good game. If you have a great story, characters and well-made setting, then be it RTP or not, it can be a really great game. :D
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@Matseb2611: Thanks for your advice as well! :D
KanaX
KanaX
The greatest RM game I have played had mostly RPT in them with a few custom graphics. It would be nice to bring something new to the mix, but it's not what will make your game great.
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@Kanax:

The game I'm working on is a short survival horror game for XP, and it may use a LOT of RTP in the game but I may use some minor/major custom resources (like title screens, music, etc), so I was a bit concerned over the topic of RTP in games. Thanks for telling me this info! :D
KanaX
KanaX
Ah, right up my alley! In that case I'd advise in getting just some non RTP characters for events. If you are unfamiliar with something, it's easier to be creeped out! :)
taarna23
taarna23
RTP has tons of good stuff. It's more about how you use it than the fact that it is RTP.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Good graphics alone might not make a game good, but they sure help to turn a good game into an even better one. Don't neglect one aspect of your game just because it's not as important. Give all aspects of the game attention - story, gameplay, music, graphics, etc. They're all important.
tearsofthenight
tearsofthenight
I make my graphics in MS paint and im proud!
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@Kanax: Thanks for the recommendation! Also, do you know any reliable threads to find custom characters?

@Matseb2611: Thanks! One must not neglect those important factors when making a game. It's like a large bridge of sorts: neglect/forget the foundation and it will definitely fall.

Also, are you currently in the progress of making a game as well?

One of the main reasons I'm using the RTP for my XP horror game is because I've taken a bit...
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
*bit of a liking to it. It sort of... fits. I'm not exactly abundant in funds or anything like that currently, so I hope that people will enjoy the current demo/short/game I'm making, when it's released. :D
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@tearsofthenight: Nice! You must have a lot of skill to create art in MS Paint! I'm not very good at drawing one bit. I wish I could draw and make like the members on this forum. Everyone's art is really great here! :D Continue to keep up the good work, tearsofthenight! :D
Zarby
personnally i prefer custom graphics/system if possible, even if they are not spectacular rather than the RTP
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@Zarby:

Do you create your own custom assets or do you comission them or do you use graphics packs, etc?
Ksi
Ksi
It's how you use it that counts the most. Really, custom graphics used badly are still going to look **** - same with RTP. It might be a bit harder to see, and the creator might try to fob it off as 'style' but **** mapping is **** mapping. It's just easier to tell with the RTP since people know it and how it works.
KanaX
KanaX
You can tell me if you want any sprite or sprite animations. I can probably do them
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
@Kanax: Thanks! I'll be sure to ask you if I need any graphics! Do you have a graphics workshop? Also, do you make graphics for non-commercial, since my upcom. game is going to be free. :)
KanaX
KanaX
I plan to make one, but later on. If you are interested, I can send you examples of my work. The ones I provide you will to free to use as you wish, but I will also keep them, to enhance my workskop.
Tornado Samurai
Tornado Samurai
Alright! Sure! I'd like to see your examples! Thanks! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.
I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClementPanchout