Comments on Profile Post by Milena

1. Milennin
    Milennin
    That's why Super Smash Bros. is great.
    May 4, 2015
  2. hiromu656
    hiromu656
    well, you just have to get better at charging attacks. Charge characters are usually the most solid, and when you know what you're doing, having time to charge isn't much of a problem.
    May 4, 2015
  3. Liak
    Liak
    @Milennin: Exactly. Smash Bros. makes sense instead. :)
    May 4, 2015
  4. Milena
    Milena
    @hiromu656 - charge meaning you have to get yourself hit or keeping hold of one directional button before throwing in another key. So before you even do a single blow, Ken or Ryu is already kicking your ass.
    May 4, 2015
  5. hiromu656
    hiromu656
    I know what charging is, I play Street Fighter. You only have to charge for 1 second, and you do not have to get yourself hit because charging is done by holding Back, which means you are blocking.
    May 4, 2015
  6. Milena
    Milena
    with faster fighters like Ken's Senpukyaku or Shouryuken, you can't do moves well. Characters like Vega, Chun Li, Birdie, Balrog and Bison can easily be defeated because of this handicap. Unlike Akuma and the others, down forward punch done repeatedly can trigger super combos and take down ridiculous enemies who takes a lot of moves before one hit is about to be executed.
    May 4, 2015
  7. hiromu656
    hiromu656
    You're referring to one of the Alpha Street Fighters then? Still I can't agree that charge characters are bad especially since Balrog is easily one of the most powerful characters in SF4. With the exception of El Fuerte, there really hasn't been a character in the series that truly wins fights through speed alone, charging for 1 second will not lose you the round.
    May 4, 2015
  8. Milena
    Milena
    Chu Li's Hazan Tenshou Kyaku does not take 1 second. If you hold down for a second and press up + kick the kick doesn't apply. Same goes with Guile, Dee Jay and the others that needs charging. In real tournaments, I lost a few rounds because I tried picking Vega and because of his lousy move controls, I lost to the other player who used Sagat, Ken, Ryu, Sakura and even the useless Dan. It's because their controls are far easy, and the trademark of most fighting games. D + F + Pun...
    May 4, 2015
  9. Milena
    Milena
    *Punch or Down + Backward + Kick are all special moves.
    May 4, 2015
  10. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    That's cause you're playing it wrong. Spam hadoken and then shoryuken when they get close
    May 4, 2015
  11. hiromu656
    hiromu656
    Not much else I can say to you sir, you just need to work on your Charging. Why would you play a character you aren't used to in a tournament?
    May 4, 2015
  12. hiromu656
    hiromu656
    By the way I'm sorry for calling you Sir, if you are in fact not a "Sir" was a bit instinctive.
    May 4, 2015
  13. Milena
    Milena
    @thejesse081 - how come am I using it wrong? I said my enemies are the ones who's using the ones who has Shouryuken and hadouken, not me. Of course I can spam those skills, if I had been using my favorite Ryu.
    May 4, 2015
  14. Milena
    Milena
    @hiromu - I thought they had the same controls as with my 10 year experience of playing SF, I never bothered trying any other character rather than the characters like Ryu or of the same pattern.
    May 4, 2015
  15. hiromu656
    hiromu656
    Yes the controls do not change much but the mechanics do. In SF Third Strike for example, shotos (or chars with hadouken, shoryuken etc.) are sometimes the weakest of the characters because of the Parry mechanic's simplicity. It makes projectile characters lose a very powerful tool. Some people have trouble Charging, I did for a while, the toughest characters for me are ones like Zangief, or T.Hawk who use full circles or half circles to use their best moves.
    May 4, 2015
  16. Blah_Blee
    Blah_Blee
    Charge characters are supposed to be defensive. Most of the time, they're blocking attacks while charging inputs. The only aggressive charge character is Decapre, and she's pretty difficult to use.
    May 4, 2015
  17. Iavra
    Iavra
    I've never played Street Fighter, but to this day i'm still waiting for a game like Soul Calibur 2/3...Mitsurugi was easily my favorite char (except Necrid in SC 2, but he was OP anyway :D ) and i even managed some Ivy finishers on a good day.
    May 4, 2015