Comments on Profile Post by Galenmereth

1. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Does it scan for that green rectangle and then assume that each letter should be at the x green rectangle it finds?
    Jun 2, 2015
  2. Ossra
    Ossra
    Probably a bit crazy to implement due to creating and aligning Sprites instead of just using draw_text ... but it would be kind of neat to have a script that performs effects with selected text (kind of like Shovel Knight).
    Jun 2, 2015
  3. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Exhydra: I've already tested this out in The Vendor (

), but it's completely out of the scope for this script.
    Jun 2, 2015
  4. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Zalerinian: It scans for three colors that you can configure: One for letter boundaries (green), one for letter spacing size (red), and one for the letter baseline for each row in your image (magenta). From this it figures out the rest.
    Jun 2, 2015
  5. Ossra
    Ossra
    Aah, neat, neat.
    Jun 2, 2015
  6. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Exhydra: I will make a public script for animated text in the future, btw :)

I should add to my description above that spacing (red) is optional; if not there, it uses the boundary box of the letter instead. You can also finetune kerning separately if you're a fontgeek ;)
    Jun 2, 2015
  7. Ossra
    Ossra
    Snazzy! I can only hope it will work well with the message formatting scripts I generally use. :o
    Jun 2, 2015
  8. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    The Bitmap Fonts script I show off here is already compatible with Yanfly and ATS (the ones I've tested so far), and should be with all others too. But I'll test that thoroughly :)
    Jun 2, 2015
  9. Ossra
    Ossra
    I have a love affair with ATS. ;o Paste in text, and it auto-formats. Maximum laziness achieved.
    Jun 2, 2015
  10. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Yeah I've used it a lot too. So yeah, that's definitely supported :D
    Jun 2, 2015
  11. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Wow that is super, and easy
    Jun 2, 2015