RPG Maker Forums

Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Does it scan for that green rectangle and then assume that each letter should be at the x green rectangle it finds?
Ossra
Ossra
Probably a bit crazy to implement due to creating and aligning Sprites instead of just using draw_text ... but it would be kind of neat to have a script that performs effects with selected text (kind of like Shovel Knight).
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
Exhydra: I've already tested this out in The Vendor (

), but it's completely out of the scope for this script.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
Zalerinian: It scans for three colors that you can configure: One for letter boundaries (green), one for letter spacing size (red), and one for the letter baseline for each row in your image (magenta). From this it figures out the rest.
Ossra
Ossra
Aah, neat, neat.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
Exhydra: I will make a public script for animated text in the future, btw :)

I should add to my description above that spacing (red) is optional; if not there, it uses the boundary box of the letter instead. You can also finetune kerning separately if you're a fontgeek ;)
Ossra
Ossra
Snazzy! I can only hope it will work well with the message formatting scripts I generally use. :o
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
The Bitmap Fonts script I show off here is already compatible with Yanfly and ATS (the ones I've tested so far), and should be with all others too. But I'll test that thoroughly :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?
my main character isn't the warrior of light or the chosen one, he's a self righteous, invasive try hard who gets ahead of himself and makes a critical error, resulting in a downward moral spiral that, eventually, leads him to truths that make him a better man, and im DAMN proud of that.
Generate Actors, Dark Fantasy Monsters, & I Heard There Was a Chosen One, | RPG Maker News #42

Work on Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer continues slowly but surely. :kaopride: Today I received the Game Over screen from @Finnuval!
GameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Everrealway