Comments on Profile Post by Galenmereth

1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Huh. That is odd. Any trigger from pressure to dehydration to sugar levels would have been made worse with exercise.
    Jun 6, 2015
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    I'm trying to think of one that would be made better by exercising and I can't! Oh well, that's a nice bit of luck.
    Jun 6, 2015
  3. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    It might be blood pressure and blood flow to the brain perhaps? I have chronically low blood presure -- which alone is usually a good thing --, so my trigger might be too low pressure, and not too high? Thus increasing it through cardio might help resolve it.
    Jun 6, 2015
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh, good point. I have low blood pressure too. It's a huge pain and the doctors don't care. So frustrating.
    Jun 6, 2015
  5. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It's probably not so much from a specific exercise, but more so doing exercise for a fair length of time caused your blood vessels to dilate and also causes a kick of endorphins.
    Jun 6, 2015
  6. Sharm
    Sharm
    So if it's sinus pressure or something the headache will come back. How depressing.
    Jun 6, 2015
  7. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Most likely yeah. Although blood vessel dilation can help with that by increasing oxygen to the area and helping with whatever the cause of the pressure. I would assume at least.
    Jun 6, 2015
  8. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    If it's a full-on migraine, exercise can actually make it worse. But things like tension or cluster headaches can improve with exercise. :)
    Jun 6, 2015
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    I usually get migraines so that explains things on my end. Exercise always makes it worse.
    Jun 6, 2015
  10. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Yeah, when it's a migraine, exercise definitely is a no-go. But occasionally I'll get headaches that may (or may not) transition into migraines; this is when I usually take pain meds to be sure.
    Jun 6, 2015
  11. cabfe
    cabfe
    When I have a migraine, the best thing I can do is do nothing. Or sleep if I can. You got lucky this time that it was just a regular headache. When I tried a heavy physical activity, I eventually lost consciousness. Never again will I try that.
    Jun 6, 2015