Comments on Profile Post by Milena

1. Omega Weapon
    Omega Weapon
    Was about to post this. This should worry any creative soul!

ATTENTION EUROPEANS! if you think this US law does not apply, think again. This applies to everything accessible from the US.

It effectively makes the US the new China
    Jul 20, 2015
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    I really hope this won't be a thing, this sucks a lot.
    Jul 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Jomarcenter
    Jomarcenter
    It is really true? I mean if it true creative commons and fight for the future should be sending out e-mail about it to stop this right about now.

I mean this is rather the opposite of what the corporation want to never allowed the public or to have complete control on the use of copyrighted content even if it consider as a "fair use". But if you analyse it look like big corporation won't going to allowed it.
    Jul 20, 2015
  4. Sharm
    Sharm
    I don't see anything on this that's from a legit source.
    Jul 20, 2015
  5. Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    yeah, I'm not taking this seriously...
    Jul 20, 2015
  6. Jomarcenter
    Jomarcenter
    ^ like I say it look like a fake misguided information spreading across the internet. if it really true it would be picked up by creative commons (organization that also helps in copyrights) and fight for the future (Organization that fight for internet freedom) also.
    Jul 20, 2015
  7. Milena
    Milena
    ^ you sir, seems not to understand what Creative Commons really means. But by any chance this isn't legit, then its good, if not, its a bad thing.
    Jul 20, 2015
  8. Omega Weapon
  9. Milena
    Milena
    So it seems its a legit rule, since Omega Weapon already linked us a pdf file from the copyright.gov site.
    Jul 20, 2015
  10. optimum45
    optimum45
    This actually isn't the first time I've heard of this. However, I somehow doubt that the United States government can adopt this method and force the rest of the world to abide by it. It just isn't workable, because artists around the world would never, ever agree.
    Jul 20, 2015
  11. Sharm
    Sharm
    The first is a report on a study about a 2008 never passed bill. The second is a paper written by a lady in the copyright office. Neither are new bills that have any chance of passing.
    Jul 20, 2015
  12. optimum45
    optimum45
    Let's just put it this way. If this comes into fruition, the "starving artist" is just a screwpole that heavy money can steal from legally. Every demo on this site would be subject to legal theft via Orphaned Projects. I wouldn't press the panic button just yet, but all of you need to be prepared to pull all of your work from every site you post to if this goes into action.
    Jul 20, 2015
  13. Sharm
    Sharm
    Look, as much as I dislike the press, it's there for a reason. If there was actually a law in the works that would soon be passed it would have made the news somewhere. It hasn't. Fake story. Worst case scenario, someone who wants it passed is putting this out to judge reactions.
    Jul 20, 2015
  14. optimum45
    optimum45
    That's not true in the United States. Our media is entirely controlled, and they are constantly using the "divide and conquer" technique on our people using the media as a tool.

This is something that big money is attempting to do. I'm not saying they will be successful. I actually sincerely doubt that it ever will be. But it would be foolhardy to ignore it. This country has a bad habit of "sliding garbage into legitimate bills" to push agenda.
    Jul 20, 2015
  15. Sharm
    Sharm
    Woah, way to go right past normal discussion and straight into politics. Political discussions are not allowed outside of game making context.
    Jul 20, 2015
  16. optimum45
    optimum45
    When you discuss copyright law, it becomes a political discussion. Unfortunately, that's just the nature of law.
    Jul 20, 2015
  17. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, this is going nowhere.
    Jul 20, 2015