Seriel
@The Stranger:

ya
The Stranger
The Stranger
Thanks for that Jackus. :)
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I kind of like PEGI system more. No idea why ESRB has a 17+ rating and an 18+ rating. Seem awfully close together as if 1 year makes that much of a difference in person's mentality.
L.W. Flouisa
L.W. Flouisa
In fact my own opinion about ESRB has steadily lessened. As a children's writer, I think kids can distinguish fact from fantasy more than we give them credit for.
cabfe
cabfe
All systems are flawed actually. When I saw Capitalism 2 rated PEGI 3+, I wonder if a 3 years old kid would really enjoy this game...

ESRB rated it as "Everyone". Not sure it's better.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Its just a blood and violence rating, not whether a 3-year-old would be able to understand the text or not.
cabfe
cabfe
PEGI says "The PEGI rating considers the age suitability of a game, not the level of difficulty.", whereas ESRB says "The ESRB rating system encompasses guidance about age-appropriateness, content, and interactive elements."
Athryl
Athryl
I just feel like most (or all) of the rating systems are inconsistent in their ratings. I like systems like Common Sense Media, where you can get a lot of detail about content rather than a semi-arbitrary letter, number, or age. Granted, that doesn't exactly fit on a game box like the ratings do.
Seriel
Seriel
PEGI at least has little things on the back like 'Fear', 'Violence', Drugs' etc...
Athryl
Athryl
So does ESRB, at least the couple games I have sitting here do anyway.
Seriel
Seriel
Eh I dunno much about ESRB.

All my games use PEGI.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
I consider all rating systems to be a joke, they're unreliable feel good programs at best to give parents an excuse not to be parents. The only way to know what your kids are being exposed to is to expose yourself to it, whether that means spending a weekend reading about reckless sparkly vampires and werewolves that fall in love with newborn infants or sitting down with your kids and watching movies about materialistic ghosts and monsters to see for yourself what 'lessons' your c...
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
...child is picking up from our current culture it's a parent's job to be there to provide context and insight and to actually EXPLAIN why these things are wrong instead of just going by a letter that doesn't even do it's job in the first place. If you want your kids to grow up with the right values then that's on you, not a monetizing culture gone wild that thinks letters for violence and bloodshed solve all problems. Kids are smarter than most adults in my generation wan...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, I just finished the sprite section.

I open a commission for Pixel art and art, for more examples I'll present tomorrow.
Can someone test a windowskin for me? I can't while traveling (I'll send as PM).
VX/VX Ace Kids is the Best for Me,but MV/MZ Did a Bit Better than VX/VX Ace But Nothing Beats VX/VX Ace!

Finally finished the first character for the free bust set I'm making. It turned out more big
SD than chibi, but I can't help but fall into my natural style. I'll post a thread once I've got more to show.
Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness :LZSgrin:
I am excite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BitterBitter