RPG Maker Forums

Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Easily. It's just building landscape. Fairly simplistic and quite fun to do.
sapiboong
sapiboong
This, absolutely, mapping is the most boring stage of game making for me :|
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Playing with the database is the most boring aspect of game making for me. That's hours upon hours of tedium.
Atlas Rose
Atlas Rose
I break it up. I'll do some mapping here, some scripting here, some art there.
Sixth
Sixth
I'm making a game for IGMC, and so far, I was hyped, because it seemed that I could finish it in time, but every time I start mapping, I feel like something is sucking out my very soul, lol...

The fact that when I need another tileset combo I need to set up all those passage and whatever settings in the database just tops it off for me. >.>

I suck at mapping and it's probably because I don't enjoy it. I find it tedious and very limited.
Sixth
Sixth
@Atlas

I am done with scripting, I don't do art, and because I can't do eventing without maps, I need to make maps. Making even one hurts me inside. :D
defunct-user
defunct-user
Practice. Training.Not doing 9000x9000 maps. :D
bgillisp
bgillisp
I do most of my mapping during slow hours at work. That way I'm also passing the time while waiting for students.
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
When I start I just can't stop :p
Hudell
Hudell
you should mix mapping with napping.
Gothic Lolita
Gothic Lolita
I got the same problem. :D

Writing textes, fine. Event sequences, fine.

Drawing stuff, fine.

It comes to mapping, I need to force myself. :D (\s/)
stupid enough to like FF13
I've had a few places I've enjoyed mapping (most recently, the outside of the starting castle where an important scene happens), but for the most part...yeah, it's pretty dull.
Sixth
Sixth
9000x9000 maps, lol. My biggest one is a town which is 70x50, and I might reduce that a bit, because I can't seem to fill it with meaningful stuffs. :D

I liked the good old layer type of mapping way more than this VX Ace style. I can't put a chimney on my roof because the engine won't let me... I mean, what the fruit?! >.>
Diretooth
Diretooth
I typically do it by mapping, then doing the eventing.
UsainSloth
UsainSloth
I absolutely adore parallax mapping. I rather do maps all day than make a game.
Atlas Rose
Atlas Rose
If you can't fill a town, add a pasture. Just fill it with a few cows or sheep and close off with a fence. It's a great way to make a map seem larger while doing minimal mapping
Sixth
Sixth
Make maps for me and I will make a game for you! It's a win-win deal, right? :D
Sixth
Sixth
I have big fences with animals already, but thanks for the tip! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And today we got some insides maps from the town i posted last time.

Map044.png
Map045.png
Map046.png
Map047.png Map048.png Map049.png Map050.png
So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...
Today is my dad's birthday! And he's still going strong in his retirement days!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjavad