Comments on Profile Post by sokita

1. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    What do you mean? The price of equipment based upon difficulty of the monster? Always look at the price of new equipment as "I want players to kill X amount of monsters to be able to afford this". Makes it much easier.
    Aug 2, 2015
  2. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    smaller stats are always easier to balance.
    Aug 2, 2015
  3. EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Playtest.
    Aug 2, 2015
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    To balance your monsters, always think, "How many hits do I want it to die in, and how many hits do I want it to kill my party in?"
    Aug 2, 2015
  5. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Need spread sheets my good sir. It helps immensely and all the pros do it. It's easy enough to do that you can pick up with google docs and learn in a day.
    Aug 2, 2015
  6. sokita
    sokita
    @Alexander: Yup, that's my plan, I ony playing with 1-100 for max stat and 2k max for HP, what do you think?

@hotfire: yup, playtest and playtest. I even build an event page to battle some monster many times

@Tai: Good Idea! How to measure it? With full equips or without equips?
    Aug 2, 2015
  7. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    You measure it with the equipment you expect the player to have at the time of encountering it. You can then work a bit backwards and use older equipment as well, in case the player didn't buy it, or newer purchased equipment. I use the method as a means of setting proper Attack and Defense values of monsters.
    Aug 2, 2015
  8. sokita
    sokita
    I did, palladinthug, using excel. I think I need other to playtest this too.
    Aug 2, 2015
  9. sokita
    sokita
    Hmm, OK. Thanks, mates!
    Aug 2, 2015