Comments on Profile Post by SaintInix

1. L.W. Flouisa
    L.W. Flouisa
    I'm going to drop Windows eventually myself. Dropped Facebook a while ago in active use.
    Aug 3, 2015
  2. Seriel
    Seriel
    Privacy Setting -> Off, Off, Off, Off, Of,, etc..
    Aug 3, 2015
  3. Seriel
    Seriel
    I think people are making a bigger deal of it than it actually is.
    Aug 3, 2015
  4. Banquo
    Banquo
    Doing none of these things on Win8. Is Win10 still not an option?
    Aug 3, 2015
  5. Banquo
    Banquo
    @Jackus:

Exactly what I'm going to do once I've upgraded! :)
    Aug 3, 2015
  6. Seriel
    Seriel
    Make sure when it says some stuff about express settings, you clikc customize then flick them all to 'off'
    Aug 3, 2015
  7. Seriel
    Seriel
    Because I felt like it, had a Support Chat conversation with MS, they deny that all these hidden keyloggers exist 0_0 just turn off the pprivacy settings.
    Aug 3, 2015
  8. Banquo
    Banquo
    That's seems pretty simple. Sure this isn't a distraction from the real, hidden backdoor?

I mean, I'm aware of these options. Just want to make sure there aren't more things to consider.
    Aug 3, 2015
  9. Dreadshadow
    Dreadshadow
    Some stuff are persistent and most users are dummies. Facebook owns your pictures you upload. Why? So you can't sue them. Similar stuff goes for MS right? Now can someone use these stuff to profit without your permission? Absolutely!!! But still I have no beef since when I wanna do something in private, I use an off line workstation, already updated but unable (lack of HARDWARE) to send stuff anywhere. :p
    Aug 3, 2015
  10. Nathanial
    Nathanial
    The tinfoil hatting is strong with this one. Just turn settings off you're not comfortable with.

All that data they collect is mostly for Cortana, anyway.

People act like the NSA need Microsoft's help to spy on you. They don't :)
    Aug 3, 2015
  11. Dreadshadow
    Dreadshadow
    "People act like the NSA need Microsoft's help to spy on you".

My point exactly. But still it is a little intimidating from MS. I mean seriously? Do I have to use AGAIN a custom firewall to control what is going out of my PC? :p
    Aug 3, 2015
  12. Banquo
    Banquo
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the NSA only gathers info from the internet traffic that goes through their lines + info from MS, Fb and Apple?

Spying on PCs is certainly not impossible for them, but requires them to actively investigate on my end.
    Aug 3, 2015
  13. Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    MS makes NSA job easier :D isn't that convenient?
    Aug 3, 2015
  14. SaintInix
    SaintInix
    Holy Hell. I guess I stirred something up, Haha.
    Aug 3, 2015
  15. SaintInix
    SaintInix
    NSA doesn't need help, they want it though. They want more saturation. They want EVERYONES data, not just folks on FB and Apple devices. Everyone is saying it isn't a big deal, but to me, that's like someone setting up a camera outside my window or flying a FPV quad-copter on my property. It's NONE of anyone elses business what I do.
    Aug 3, 2015
  16. EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    If you want, turn all your gmail privacy settings to off too.
    Aug 3, 2015
  17. Dreadshadow
    Dreadshadow
    Spying on PCs if you got unlimited resources is easy as pie. Your security versus an organization with unlimited resources, is that time is always limited. Thus time is spent on things that matter, so if you are not important to them, they won't even bother. People complaining about telemetries and stuff got a point there, but I consider on line devices vulnerable by default.
    Aug 3, 2015