RPG Maker Forums

Dreadshadow
Dreadshadow
What is so exciting about this music piece is how clear it is mixed out. A fat bass is like glue of the mono synths while it builds up the enterance of a more wide reverbed set of synths, parading through the middle of the song. Did you used appregiator or time stretch, or was that speed live play? Dam!
Dimitris
Dimitris
Thanks Dread! The mono synths are more closely mixed to resemble the 16bit vibe. For the Synthwave part I kept the bassline and built my mix around that. I also tried to make it more wide. The synth solo was composed by me and most of it was played very slowly on my keyboard and then I quantised it to be on time and sped it up to match the tempo of the track! :)
Dreadshadow
Dreadshadow
Yeah! Thought so. Sounds fantastic. Tell me again, what software are you using? It seem that I am gonna make music once again by the way. I will start the horror game project from scratch and you know... I need sound FX and Music to build the atmosphere. I got some ideas already so... Reason will emmit some horror in the house. :p
Dimitris
Dimitris
The DAW you use does not matter. Everything does the same job. Many people use Reason, I use FL Studio for example. It's the vsts that can help with the sound. Check these free ones here http://bedroomproducersblog.com/free-vst-plugins/ and play around until you find cool sounds that inspire you.
Dreadshadow
Dreadshadow
Reason does not collaborat3e with VSTi (yeah sucks I know, they follow a different path... for no reason)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...
Long time since last post but still here, still working on games. Hope everyone has been well.
Stream will be live shortly with a half-stream of Donkey Kong 64! Due to how late the TA started last stream, the second half will be the Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by
I found a rat in my grain barrel this morning. I've seen lots of mice in there, but this is the first time I've seen a full-blown rat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaz_D3mon