RPG Maker Forums

BeardBro
BeardBro
Depends on the switch and the type of connection you have. Do you have 300+mbps if you bypass the switch?
Bloodmorphed
Bloodmorphed
Directly from the router I get 300+, from the switch connecting from the router, then to a PC it gets 8. I'm using a Linksys (SE3008) 8 port gigabit switch.
BeardBro
BeardBro
Weird, that's definitely a plug-and-play switch and shouldn't require any additional setup. I'll do some digging and let you know if I find anything. (Just off the top of my head, try powercycling, make sure your Ethernet cables aren't bad, try a different port on the switch, try a different port on the router, just go through trial and error and see if anything changes)
Bloodmorphed
Bloodmorphed
Hmmm I suppose. The only thing I have dug up is problems with "legacy" speed, I'm not that sooo I should have problems. I'll do some testing later, but I'm fairly positive my cables are fine.
cabfe
cabfe
Is a configuration system available on this switch? Maybe it's set on a default low speed/half duplex to accomodate every network speed?
Bloodmorphed
Bloodmorphed
It is unmanaged so as far as I am aware these do not have aany configurable software on them, could be wrong though.
BeardBro
BeardBro
That's what I was thinking, but from what I can tell, there isn't an interface for this switch. I could be totally wrong, though. There would be instructions for accessing the interface in the Device Manual if such a feature exists.
Bloodmorphed
Bloodmorphed
Okay so I got it. Want to know what was messing it up? I HAD the router going into port 1, then 2 and 3 for the other devices. So I switched the router going into port 8, then 7 and 6 for the devices, there, magic. Done and done.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlesrnes