RPG Maker Forums

Celianna
Celianna
This is why you DO need to put effort into art.

Don't listen to the people who will say graphics don't matter, because presentation is everything.
SomaelCK
SomaelCK
True that! Learned it a hard way. >.<
Ramiro
Ramiro
Graphic's doesn't matter, presentation of those graphics does, wich are two completely unrelated things...
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Cels just marketing her artistic skills. No need for graphics=no commisions
Dalph
Dalph
A lot of people are superficial and they just want pretty graphics above everything else, they seem to forget that games are supposed to be played and not looked at (they're not visual novels). Sure, graphic is important but story and gameplay is what really makes a game.

Just be sure to have a solid presentation, decent graphics, an intriguing plot and you'll be fine.
Dalph
Dalph
Of course it has to be fun to play aswell, that's the most important thing to me or else I'll get bored.
Seriel
Seriel
Celianna
Celianna
Whenever people say "graphics aren't important because gameplay and story are what really makes a game" should just go back to text games.

When I say graphics matter I don't mean ultra realistic HD graphics - I mean you need to put effort into having it look good (and that can be Wind Waker style for all I care).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.
I've been getting into YuGiOh again!
Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hina15