Comments on Profile Post by Miss Nile

1. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    neither, its more natural that way :3 .
    Sep 1, 2015
  2. Kaimen
    Kaimen
    I had local anesthesia when my bottom right ones got removed. I guess it was alright but the problem is that you are fully conscious. If you're highly sensitive I guess general anesthesia would be better.
    Sep 1, 2015
  3. Sharm
    Sharm
    Being put under is nice because you sleep through it but it's more dangerous. Local is more likely to be painful and it's more difficult for the surgeon to work. I prefer being put under, but I've gone under multiple times with no ill effects so it's safe for me.
    Sep 1, 2015
  4. Kaimen
    Kaimen
    Not to mention you're still drugged when you wake up and things are bound to be freaky. XD
    Sep 1, 2015
  5. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I was put all the way under. It's nice because then it's just over. The aftermath is pretty unpleasant so it was nice to "skip" the actual surgery.
    Sep 1, 2015
  6. Dalph
    Dalph
    I have no idea since I still have all of them. <_<
    Sep 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    @Dalph- Oh...so your one of those people....those people with perfect oral hi-gene?... =____= and you call yourself a morally bankrupt member of the villainous counsel!! As an aspiring villain i proudly declare that i have had two whole teeth extracted! My mis-scruples abound!! (but seriously....I wish i had been better about my teeth when i was younger. :p )
    Sep 1, 2015
  8. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Wisdom teeth have nothing to do with dental hygiene. They just don't fit in most people's mouths.
    Sep 1, 2015
  9. Kaimen
    Kaimen
    It's not like you can do anything about those freaking wisdom teeth. My bottom left one still needs to be op'd out because it's turned a full 90 degrees. XD
    Sep 1, 2015
  10. Celianna
    Celianna
    I will never get the "let's put you under and extract all your teeth" thing.

Tell your dentist they should be extracted at different times. You don't want to extract teeth on both sides, because then you can't chew properly for at least a week. If you extract only one, you can still chew on the other side and wait for it to heal, to extract the other one.

Go for local anesthesia. That thing will be whipped out in a second.
    Sep 1, 2015
  11. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I still have mine. It'd be more tolerable if they'd stop cutting my mouth.
    Sep 1, 2015
  12. Dalph
    Dalph
    @Deathswallow:

Yeah, I'm a Dark Lord with shiny teeth, buahahahah. And yeah, wisdom teeth are basically useless and have nothing to do with dental hygiene, but for some reason mine are still there. :p
    Sep 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. BCj
    BCj
    I had a local anaesthesia because they don't give you a general anaesthesia here for something like that. They did one side first and only my lower jaw, it wasn't all that bad, and that's coming from someone with a heavy case of needle- and bloodphobia. I was scared as hell :p be sure to ask for painkillers and a way to clean the weound though, they didn't give me anything to clean the wound so I got a nasty infection. The upper jaw is easy though, that one was done in 5 minut...
    Sep 1, 2015
  14. BCj
    BCj
    5 minutes.
    Sep 1, 2015
  15. RHachicho
    RHachicho
    Depends .. upper jaw is easier in general. A dentist said to me if your lower jaw is solid oak the upper jaw is balsa wood. Also if the wisdom teeth are generally in good nick it's not too bad. Also ask you dentist if there are any complications. I was put out for mine because my roots are special. They curve inwards so they dan't just pull my teeth they needed to extract a decent chunk of bone too.
    Sep 7, 2017