RPG Maker Forums

Kyuukon
Kyuukon
I was actually thinking about buying it too. But the idea of users hacking the game and exploiting the system made me reconsider :/
??????
??????
I'm about to release a free game launcher, that protects (a little) against that kinda behavior. :p
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
that'd be so awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it :)
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
You're just that popular, Dekita.
??????
??????
There is also other things that can be done to protect your game.. I recently wrote a special program that packages up your scripts, and changes how the data is stored, and with it, I am able to remove all but 1 script (the one to load my system) in the script editor.. The issue is, it has to be done on a per project basis, with different settings in both the packager app and the extension thats loaded. :D
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
that's the thing... over complicated protection comes with its flaws too :/ I wouldn't want to bother you every time I have to update the game for a grammar mistake xD
??????
??????
thats why it only works on a per project basis, cause it comes with a script packager.. it doesnt require me in any way - just run the app, it makes the file, put the script to load the file in the editor, and put the new script file in the data folder. ^_^
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
ooh... I think I... understand xD

I'll wait for the more detailed thread before I give my n00b opinion ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Now it's official: My first RPG Maker game released on Steam will be released this year! I am so glad for this achievement and I am so happy to see a lot of gamedevs like me here working on what we love!
Mais informações no Post.png
Check out my MZ thread for 2 new waterplant edits and my MZVind water autotiles now without ground/cliffs, so you can put them on your own ground-tiles. Have fun!
It's for side-extra content. :kaophew:

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”
gxQUtTE.gif
Don't you hate it when you play an mmo to pass some time then an update drops that makes your playing experience less enjoyable and quit because of it?
sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alvezeno