RPG Maker Forums

TDS
TDS
What exactly are you trying to do?
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
I was pulling the RGSS3 key config from the registry, for use in-game (i.e. labeling inputs based on keyboard config). Too many people say "Push Z" without realizing that the binding can vary.
TDS
TDS
How did you finally manage to do it?
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Exactly the way I planned to: opening the registry key using Win32API and advapi32 (since RGSS omits Win32::Registry) and querying the button assignments array. About 20 lines of code, excluding constant definitions. I just got the permissions mask and reserved attributes mask backwards at first ;) .
TDS
TDS
Have you tested it in an encrypted project? I've noticed a few of my script that use Win32api tend to behave differently when encrypted or not in test mode.
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Not yet. I'm not actually writing anything to the system, so I don't foresee any problems, but thanks for the heads up.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!
So much game make... I needs to rest. The foods call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ishagold