RPG Maker Forums

TDS
TDS
What exactly are you trying to do?
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
I was pulling the RGSS3 key config from the registry, for use in-game (i.e. labeling inputs based on keyboard config). Too many people say "Push Z" without realizing that the binding can vary.
TDS
TDS
How did you finally manage to do it?
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Exactly the way I planned to: opening the registry key using Win32API and advapi32 (since RGSS omits Win32::Registry) and querying the button assignments array. About 20 lines of code, excluding constant definitions. I just got the permissions mask and reserved attributes mask backwards at first ;) .
TDS
TDS
Have you tested it in an encrypted project? I've noticed a few of my script that use Win32api tend to behave differently when encrypted or not in test mode.
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Not yet. I'm not actually writing anything to the system, so I don't foresee any problems, but thanks for the heads up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrdinaryOne