Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Amnell

1. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    Yup I lost a whole Tileset once, good thing I had a backup of it. Not sure why it happened tough.
    Sep 25, 2015
  2. Kes
    Kes
    Never happened to me. You are not, by any chance, running this from Steam, are you?
    Sep 25, 2015
  3. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    I was.
    Sep 25, 2015
  4. Susan
    Susan
    It's happened to me before, and outside of RM as well. Sometimes it's file corruption, and sometimes I simply accidentally moved it to another folder. :p
    Sep 25, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @ksjp: it is but always run from offline to mitigate the problems inherent with steam and non-typical game software.

@Susan: If it's file corruption than rpgmaker deletes it's corrupted files, I'll load it up and random tilesets will be missing. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it, odd that I've had ace for years though and this is the first time I've seen resources disappear on me.
    Sep 25, 2015
  6. Shaz
    Shaz
    System Update / System Restore removed some of my files or set them back to previous versions. Even though my project was in My Documents, which is not supposed to be touched by those programs.
    Sep 25, 2015
  7. Shaz
    Shaz
    If you have multiple versions of your project, it could be easy to get them mixed up, especially if you open Ace via the Ace icon and not by going into the folder and double-clicking on the project file.
    Sep 25, 2015
  8. Susan
    Susan
    I hope you manage to find the cause of the problem soon. Vanishing resources can be a real pain.
    Sep 25, 2015
    2 people like this.